Beresford TC-7520 DAC
Jun 26, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #31 of 73
Jun 26, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #32 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beresford TC-7510 DAC - New kid on the block

if you are truly interested in budget, this is the $105 version:

Toslink / Coax Digital Input Line Level Output Converter | MCM Custom Audio | 50-7774 / TC-7510

its not usb (the usb channel the 7520 uses seems to have stolen one of the spdif ports). as such, you can find a $10 ebay spdif dongle and convert that to spdif with the same results.

there's no reason to pay this B guy for doubling the price and adding $10 of usb/spdif board to it.

i haven't heard the 7510, but based on impressions made by others, i don't think it's as good as the 7520. i am not sure what changes have been made from the previous model, but i am pretty sure the price difference is justifiable (the unit itself is already priced reasonably low). in the 7510, the opamps are soldered in making it harder to mod/upgrade. while the 7520 opamps are socketed which makes it easy to upgrade with. it's as easy as popping them out and sticking a new one in. a really nice touch if you are into DIY.

the 7520 also comes with an "improved" PSU.
wink.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #33 of 73
the 7510 and 20 are genetically the same, afaict.

do you have data that shows otherwise?

I do see sockets in the op amp area, for the phones out. but I still don't see drivers or buffers at all. so its still just 'simple cmoy'. yawn.

and, an improved wall wart can add $2-$5 more. big deal.

there's nothing to justify a 2x increase in price.

B's ripping y'all off. plain and simple.

Jun 26, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #34 of 73
Quote:

I do see sockets in the op amp area, for the phones out. but I still don't see drivers or buffers at all. so its still just 'simple cmoy'. yawn.

no i do not have data. have you heard it? yawn.
rolleyes.gif

btw, you have been added to my ignore list.
tongue.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #35 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrosenth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ironically, I'm in the market for a single box dac/amp in this price range

So am I.

Quote:

but given this guy's antics I just can't bring myself to do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't consider buying one just because the designer/marketer is an unethical shill. There's no shortage of modestly priced quality hardware that's isn't produced by a scumbag.

Agreed X2.

Jun 26, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #36 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no i do not have data. have you heard it? yawn.
rolleyes.gif

btw, you have been added to my ignore list.
tongue.gif

Bruddah, you know how to deal with da kine lolo!
beerchug.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #37 of 73
Quote:

I've owned both, they sound different. That is all the data I need.

I agree though with others, that I would rather buy from someone else with better ethics. That doesn't stop me from enjoying the one I own, but I would never buy again.

Jun 27, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #38 of 73
Anyone own this and the D10? Yes, I know the D10 is a portable but by all accounts the amp section in the 7520 is too (Cmoy variant). If so, your feedback would be much appreciated. Either way, I am planning on using the DAC + amp w/Macbook Pro and want the best combined SQ. Thanks!

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #39 of 73
Just buy it and go away, unless you're one of the distributors, in which case, stop shilling and put up for Member of the Trade Status, ask for your own forum and crawl back into a hole. Any order is fine there.

Jun 27, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #40 of 73
1up why don't you allow people to enjoy the forum and discuss there hobby.
You are an anti beresford evangelist. I have been reading these pages for a
long time but I guess as I only just joined you will think me a beresford employee.
I'm not .
Probably best to stay out of threads that so clearly upset you, it's probably bad for
your health

Jun 28, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #41 of 73
I have heard a few of the early versions and it was reasonable sounding - but certainly not in the class of even a modestly mid-fi dac like a cambridge

Personally i strongly prefer even a gamma/mini3 to it

(actually there are some ultra cheap nos dacs now on ebay say under $50 shipped that I prefer to it even using a $25 SPDIF to usb converter)

IMHO opinion a valab, teradak or gigalab or moon destroys the beresford dac section

If you're after something I'd strongly recommend checking the used gear forum here - I've seen a Shek and Moodlab fairly recently i think for little over $150 - and just purchased a scott nixon for little more than that - think there is a monica floating around too

-

Couldn't really find a single box solution whose value I was terribly impressed with - I ended up with the Scott Nixon and will at least temporary use a used mini three until i dig out a millet SS (likewise a millet SS and a gamma are tough to beat in this price range if bought used).

Jun 29, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #42 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by tgrisham /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious, which one of us is a shill for Beresford?

LOL, as if anyone wouldn't be able to figure out, from that one page, who was accused. You, sir, are NOT good at faking innocence, in fact, you've only made your case worse, for me, anyway. +1 on thinking this guy's a shill.

This shilling is absolutely disgusting, to me. I will NEVER buy or even consider a Beresford product thanks to this, and I hope more Head-Fi'ers do the same.

I made a group.
beyersmile.png

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/groups...beresford.html

Jun 29, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #44 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, as if anyone wouldn't be able to figure out, from that one page, who was accused. You, sir, are NOT good at faking innocence, in fact, you've only made your case worse, for me, anyway. +1 on thinking this guy's a shill.

This shilling is absolutely disgusting, to me. I will NEVER buy or even consider a Beresford product thanks to this, and I hope more Head-Fi'ers do the same.

I made a group.
beyersmile.png

Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - Team Don't Buy Beresford

I hope you know you're making yourself look just as bad as Mr. Beresford himself. Perhaps you should start videotaping yourself exorcising Beresford 7520's and burning them in a huge bonfire to upload on youtube.

Jun 29, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #45 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoseFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you know you're making yourself look just as bad as Mr. Beresford himself. Perhaps you should start videotaping yourself exorcising Beresford 7520's and burning them in a huge bonfire to upload on youtube.

Wow, you know what, you're right, not wanting to buy a product because of unethical business practices and trying to organize people like me so that we can send a message to Mr. Beresford that we will not support such actions is totally extreme and ridiculous. Instead I'll just forget what he's doing and let him lie to countless uninformed users of this site.

And that's where the sarcasm ends. Please, explain to me how I'm looking so terrible. I'd love to hear your explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back