Beresford TC-7510 DAC MKII
Mar 30, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #331 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just received my TC7510 MKIII from taiwan! However, because my optical connection requires a mini toslink adapter, im still waiting for my cable to deliver. Once i get a chance to connect the DAC i will do a follow up with a review of the unit. Look, build quality, and packaging wise, however, i am very impressed.

Yay! looking forward to seeing the review.

Apr 19, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #332 of 338
To those that have upgraded from an Entech 203.2, did you notice a significant improvement in SQ? I am wondering if I should just hold out and wait to get something like the presonus CS instead. Also, how can I contact Stanley if I do decide to purchase one?

Apr 19, 2007 at 11:00 AM Post #333 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by joefosho315 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To those that have upgraded from an Entech 203.2, did you notice a significant improvement in SQ? I am wondering if I should just hold out and wait to get something like the presonus CS instead. Also, how can I contact Stanley if I do decide to purchase one?

if i were you, i'd wait until the mk4 is available. it addresses problems in the mk3. at least a couple of us ordered the 3 recently (i ordered yesterday before i knew about the 4!) and are wondering if we haven't made a mistake. i emailed stanley, and his response was to check out the unit when it arrives. if it has the hiss problem in the headphone out, then he'll send us instructions on how to fix it. it'll require soldering. he mentioned parts, but i'm not sure if he'll be sending parts or a refund that would cover them.
frown.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #336 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by feifan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if i were you, i'd wait until the mk4 is available. it addresses problems in the mk3. at least a couple of us ordered the 3 recently (i ordered yesterday before i knew about the 4!) and are wondering if we haven't made a mistake. i emailed stanley, and his response was to check out the unit when it arrives. if it has the hiss problem in the headphone out, then he'll send us instructions on how to fix it. it'll require soldering. he mentioned parts, but i'm not sure if he'll be sending parts or a refund that would cover them.
frown.gif

Yes, I would wait for the MKIV to come out before purchasing one. But before that, I would like to specifically know if people think this is a significant upgrade over the Entech 203.2. I know that some people consider this a better purchase than a zhalou, but I don't really know where my Entech 203.2 compares to a zhaolu either. Thanks.

Apr 19, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #337 of 338
I have MKIII version, and I'm very happy. I use optical out from my Theatron to MKIII and one out to Original Master and other to my hi-fi system (YBA integre and ATC SCM10 speakers) and it sounded impressive from the first day!!! detail and high and bass but no sibilance....really impressive for the money.

Apr 19, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #338 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by joefosho315 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I would wait for the MKIV to come out before purchasing one. But before that, I would like to specifically know if people think this is a significant upgrade over the Entech 203.2. I know that some people consider this a better purchase than a zhalou, but I don't really know where my Entech 203.2 compares to a zhaolu either. Thanks.

Can't answer that. Never tried the Entech 203.2. However, from what I've read, the 203.2 is much sought after and rarely comes up for sale, leading to the conclusion that it's probably very good. Still, the MK3/4 is newer technology and may have an edge there. But this is pure speculation on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back