Beresford TC-7510 DAC MKII
Mar 21, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #301 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice! Don't forget to let us know your impression once it's in your arms!
biggrin.gif

I will be getting mine soon, and I will do a comprehensive review of it once it gets here!

I will try. Mine probably won't be very comprehensive... Describing sound isn't my forte. But I will say whether it improves the sound, and how much it improves it.

I will also take alot of pics.

Oh, and I'm really surprised at how fast it took to get here! It was sent on Sunday (Saturday where most people are) so it only took 3 days to go all the way from UK to New Zealand! That seems really really fast. Of course, there is also the possibility that the card-to-call wasn't for my TC-7510... Could be something else... Hope not
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #303 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You will find that it is from TAIWAN, not UK.

I don't get this. Phonopreamp were selling the TC-7510 on Amazon which is supposedly the same as the Beresford. So who designed this thing - Beresford or some guy in Taiwan? Is Beresford outsourcing, just having a generic DAC branded with his name or is he modding the original design - or what?
I contacted them the other day and was left with the impression they were leak testing a batch(in UK) that would be ready to ship soon.

Mar 22, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #304 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turn&cough /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't get this. Phonopreamp were selling the TC-7510 on Amazon which is supposedly the same as the Beresford. So who designed this thing - Beresford or some guy in Taiwan? Is Beresford outsourcing, just having a generic DAC branded with his name or is he modding the original design - or what?
I contacted them the other day and was left with the impression they were leak testing a batch(in UK) that would be ready to ship soon.

I believe they modded the the generic design from the Taiwanese manufucturer with high quality parts and such.

Mar 22, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #305 of 338
Yay! I got it. Listening to it right now. Just one question:

Would I get better sound quality from Optical or Coaxial?

Also, if I was to buy a Coaxial cable, what would be features to look for?

Would something like this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics...n-91903127.htm do?

Mar 22, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #306 of 338
you want a true 75ohm cable... that means 75ohm plugs as well as 75ohm cable. check out bluejeanscable for more info. I know u prob can't order from there, but they have some good info on their site

Mar 22, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #307 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yay! I got it. Listening to it right now. Just one question:

Would I get better sound quality from Optical or Coaxial?

Also, if I was to buy a Coaxial cable, what would be features to look for?

Would something like this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics...n-91903127.htm do?

What do u think of the sounds? Any significant improvement over stock/previous dac?

Mar 22, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #308 of 338
Quote:

What do u think of the sounds? Any significant improvement over stock/previous dac?

I didn't have a DAC before... Just Audigy 2 ZS. ATM, IMO it's not sounding ultra uber good, but I hear that will improve with burn-in, so I'll leave it over night. ATM the treble is a bit shrill, and it's the only time I've ever understood why everyone says Grado's are bright. I'm sure it will loosen up over time tho.

Mar 22, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #309 of 338
Quote:

I didn't have a DAC before... Just Audigy 2 ZS. ATM, IMO it's not sounding ultra uber good, but I hear that will improve with burn-in, so I'll leave it over night. ATM the treble is a bit shrill, and it's the only time I've ever understood why everyone says Grado's are bright. I'm sure it will loosen up over time tho.

Was this experience directly from the DAC's headphone jack or through line-out to amp then to headphone?

Mar 22, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #310 of 338
Quote:

Was this experience directly from the DAC's headphone jack or through line-out to amp then to headphone?

Ahh... Just tested again. Directly out of the headphone jack it doesn't sound that good at all, but connected to my GoVibe V6 it sounds ALOT better. I won't write full impressions until its completely burned in though, because from what I hear it improves alot with burn in.

Mar 22, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #311 of 338
Quote:

Ahh... Just tested again. Directly out of the headphone jack it doesn't sound that good at all, but connected to my GoVibe V6 it sounds ALOT better. I won't write full impressions until its completely burned in though, because from what I hear it improves alot with burn in.

Haha, that is why! The headphone amp in the mkiii wasnt expected to be really good. It is the line-out that is important. My audigy 2 ZS Notebook has a 3.5mm out jack which contains both lineout AND headphone amp out (chosen using software). And the line-out is so much better than the headphone out. I think the rule applies to your new DAC too.
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #312 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turn&cough /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are two shipping locations. If you live in Europe you get it shipped from Europe. Otherwise you get hit for ten by European rules on import duties and sales tax, and they are huge. If you live outside Europe it gets shipped from Taiwan. That way the global price of the Beresford TC-7510 delivered is more or less the same anywhere in the world. Add to that the head-fi forum members discount makes it even greater value of course. And since you are getting it directly from the manufacturer you always get the latest version with the latest update. All units shipped to long haul destinations get an extra QC test to make sure they'll survive the bumps and thumps enroute.
(info suppled by Stanley upon request)

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #313 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are two shipping locations. If you live in Europe you get it shipped from Europe. Otherwise you get hit for ten by European rules on import duties and sales tax, and they are huge. If you live outside Europe it gets shipped from Taiwan. That way the global price of the Beresford TC-7510 delivered is more or less the same anywhere in the world. Add to that the head-fi forum members discount makes it even greater value of course. And since you are getting it directly from the manufacturer you always get the latest version with the latest update. All units shipped to long haul destinations get an extra QC test to make sure they'll survive the bumps and thumps enroute.
(info suppled by Stanley upon request)

Aaah that explains everything! I was a bit worried when I saw it came from taiwan, as was I when I read that he had soak-tested it overnight
blink.gif
but its all clear to me now!

I have to say, Stanley cares for his customers alot! I think its great how he's trying to keep the price the same no matter where you are, and the amount of time it took to ship was REMARKABLE! Great customer service!

But yeah, the reason why it sounds so congested and harsh ATM is because it hasn't had enough burn in according to this http://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum7/12549.html. Its sounds really accurate and clear though! I like it so far.

And one question: Would I get better SQ from the Optical in or the coaxial in?

Mar 22, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #315 of 338
By any chance - anyone compared the MarkIII with a Paradisea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back