Beresford 7510 MK 6 Mini Review/comparison
Oct 17, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #226 of 324
Er...wow, you were able to pinpoint which of his many orders was mine and what his email response to me was? .....
blink.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #228 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know about customers outside Europe, but the European ones tend to get a repeat customer's discount or "goody" bag with free cables. It might be worth asking about that before you place an order.

I'll try that if I do buy another.

So can anyone confirm that the TC-7510 MK 6's inbuilt amp sounds better than the Little Dot MKIV Se?

Oct 19, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #229 of 324
Never heard the little dot but the Mk 6 does have a decent amp sure. I think it is about as good as a decent pimenta but not quite as good as a mini3. Perfectly acceptable for entry level head-fi at any rate.

Oct 19, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #230 of 324
i think i might just buy one of these and get it over with
redface.gif

edit: i'm sort of planning on using this in conjunction with a cheap CD player to form my first "dedicated" audio rig. since it's being fed into the DAC, any cheapo CD/DVD player will do, right? i figure i can use the headphone out on the Beresford. the only thing that's holding me back at this point is the FOTM-factor the thing has...hmm...

Oct 25, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #231 of 324
Oh for ***** sake head-fi. Just when I thought I'd be happy with my current setup, I happen to read this thread. Just sent email to Stanley and asked about the mods and stuff. Have to think about this through weekend tho. Let's see next week.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:28 AM Post #232 of 324
Just ordered it with Stanley's most recent mods, as he calls them MK6/3.

Let's see how fast it comes to here, Finland.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So can anyone confirm that the TC-7510 MK 6's inbuilt amp sounds better than the Little Dot MKIV Se?

I can compare it to MKIII as soon as I get some hours for the Beresford, and well actually get it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 2:31 PM Post #237 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by vincponc2610 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's an old one (from 2000) and it is not anymore sold.
How can they do a DAC based on a discoutinued dac chip ?

Do you think there will be a new version with a new DAC chip ?

The datasheet is from 2000, not the chip. The chip is not discontinued. It says on that link: not recommended for new designs. Since European products have to be fitted with RoHS compliant chips and RoHS chips have only been available in the last 2 years, I won't say that it is an old chip. Neither does it say on the TI site that it is discontinued. I see several buttons marked Purchase.

I was just looking at a valve amp the other day. It was using some EL84's. They also had one with KT88's. Old valves how can they offer these valve amps as new products when valves got discontinued decades ago?

Oct 30, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #238 of 324
i just got mine! i got it with the coax cable. it seems nicely constructed, though a bit short i was able to manage.

the dac itself is small! the LEDs for three of the inputs were misaligned, but nothing a screwdriver and a little readjusting couldn't fix.

first impressions: better than what i've been using. the treble is brighter than what i'm used to, i hope it settles down a bit. it feels like there's more detail all around, and the bass is a bit more extended, which is always helpful with the DT880s. more to come later.

Oct 30, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #239 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAnomaly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
first impressions: better than what i've been using. the treble is brighter than what i'm used to, i hope it settles down a bit. it feels like there's more detail all around, and the bass is a bit more extended, which is always helpful with the DT880s. more to come later.

Just for a point of reference, what DAC/source have you been using? Thanks!

Oct 30, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #240 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAnomaly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You must have a MK6/3 then. I am in awe at how much better it is compared to the MK5 and other previous models. I used to use my subwoofer quite a lot with my MK3, but the MK6/3 (MK6/2 modded as in my case) is giving me enough extended bass that I am now wondering if I really need that space hogging subwoofer of mine. The treble reads OK on my audio frequency analyzer. It sounds brighter, because many CD/DAC manufacturers tend to use a frequency response that tails off after about 14KHz so that they can get a nice looking brick wall performance form their anti aliasing filter. but sigma delta DAC chips don't need that at 20KHz. So you can get a far more accurate top end. I looked at a DAC1 and it too has an extended top end response. The Russell Andrews (Stello in disguise) is in comparison a weakling at the top. It slopes off from about 16KHz. The Zhaolu is just as bad, unless you mod it with a zap filter etc. But that wacks the price up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back