Beoplay E8
Mar 9, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #542 of 581
I just got replacement new unit of the Beoplay e8 2.0. This one behaves exactly the same as previous one, so its probably the design fault. After months of emailing, recording and sending records of crackling sound to support to prove something, because they cant analyze themself properly and other complications, and actually not using them I'm loosing the patience. I will think about if I want continue with this endless process, it's already continuosly annoying my life for last 2 months. Maybe it will be better to throw this piece of sh** to trash, buy other and forget this. Maybe I will just sleep from it and continue with contacting the ceo tomorrow. BTW. thank you for the contact.
I did first rma in first half of january. So for others in advance, to save the time, nerves, money... Don't buy B&O products, especially not the Beoplay E8. Maybe the third revision fixed the issue, but do you want to spend your money to try?

Mar 10, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #543 of 581
I just got replacement new unit of the Beoplay e8 2.0. This one behaves exactly the same as previous one, so its probably the design fault. After months of emailing, recording and sending records of crackling sound to support to prove something, because they cant analyze themself properly and other complications, and actually not using them I'm loosing the patience. I will think about if I want continue with this endless process, it's already continuosly annoying my life for last 2 months. Maybe it will be better to throw this piece of sh** to trash, buy other and forget this. Maybe I will just sleep from it and continue with contacting the ceo tomorrow. BTW. thank you for the contact.
I did first rma in first half of january. So for others in advance, to save the time, nerves, money... Don't buy B&O products, especially not the Beoplay E8. Maybe the third revision fixed the issue, but do you want to spend your money to try?

I pass this matter easily.
I'd not knew until I saw your post. Yes, it is there, I also believe it happen on a massive q'ty of product.
I found some beloved cans which have problem in hearing test: RR1 and SR1( I am owing) at 40Hz or 60Hz... but in daily listening, distortion did not expose.
Fortunately, distortion of E8 seems not happen usual, quite rarely enough to forget (maybe due to kind of music)

B&O staff is not my will to contact.
I experienced a case: E8 consums battery during rest. It lead to L side ran out of juice much earlier than R side.
Any time you take them out, if the charging case with a white led is not lit (it ends of battery), L side will stop while R still has 40% energy or more.

I couldnt make BO staff to understand. They, 3 difference persons, times by times instructed me how to use, what happen when forget charging, R unit has auto stop function but L., etc etc...

Mar 22, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #546 of 581
Anyone here have the v3 buds? I didn't know about this thread since I've been following the overall TW thread. Anyway, I noticed that sometimes, one or both buds don't turn off when I put them back in the case. They seem to be in the right place & the magnets are holding firm, but I have to take the buds out & put them back in order to get them to shut off.

May 15, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #547 of 581
Anyone here have the v3 buds? I didn't know about this thread since I've been following the overall TW thread. Anyway, I noticed that sometimes, one or both buds don't turn off when I put them back in the case. They seem to be in the right place & the magnets are holding firm, but I have to take the buds out & put them back in order to get them to shut off.
I haven’t experienced that. Don’t know if you have seen the most recent firmware 5.8.0? It fixes the connection between the right and left bud. This means that the left still plays if you take the right out. However, if you put the right back in the case, everything shut down....
But it is nice though...

May 15, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #548 of 581
V3 looks like v2 with longer battery life

May 15, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #549 of 581
I have v2 and v3.

What is your envidence of buds did not turn off? They still sound or indicator led did not flash in organge?

I havent got that issue

May 15, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #550 of 581
V3 looks like v2 with longer battery life
V3 reallyyyyy much better in transparent mode. It can make me forgot that I am listening through v3, but wearing feeling reminds me that v3 are being on my ears.
V3 sound tighter bass than v2, cleaner mid also. Rich and spacious sound as v2

May 23, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #551 of 581
This is my try Wavelet on E8v3.
For who wants to try.
Custom eq addition to modify Auto eq because of it cut out too much low-hi and mid-hi.
Really satisfying by result
Screenshot_20200523-220229_Wavelet.jpg
Screenshot_20200523-220318_Wavelet.jpg

May 23, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #552 of 581
This is my try Wavelet on E8v3.
For who wants to try.
Custom eq addition to modify Auto eq because of it cut out too much low-hi and mid-hi.
Really satisfying by resultScreenshot_20200523-220229_Wavelet.jpgScreenshot_20200523-220318_Wavelet.jpg
Does this work on an iphone?

May 25, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #554 of 581
I have v2 and v3.

What is your envidence of buds did not turn off? They still sound or indicator led did not flash in organge?

I havent got that issue
Sorry, I turned off my email notifications in an attempt to save my wallet :)

I would put the buds away after use and go about playing with my phone on the couch or whatever, and I would see my podcast app was still playing. Then notice the BT icon on my Galaxy S9 still showed an active connection. If I held the E8 3.0 case to my ears, I could hear the buds still playing audio even though they were both docked in the case.

Since the FW update. I haven't had this pop up again. Even after switching to the Comply foam tips, which don't sit very well in the case, they seem to be shutting down as normal.

May 25, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #555 of 581
Sorry, I turned off my email notifications in an attempt to save my wallet :)

I would put the buds away after use and go about playing with my phone on the couch or whatever, and I would see my podcast app was still playing. Then notice the BT icon on my Galaxy S9 still showed an active connection. If I held the E8 3.0 case to my ears, I could hear the buds still playing audio even though they were both docked in the case.

Since the FW update. I haven't had this pop up again. Even after switching to the Comply foam tips, which don't sit very well in the case, they seem to be shutting down as normal.

Understood.
It happend to me once. That time I confirm the case ran out of battery, so it couldnt controll, even charging poles are in matting condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back