Beoplay E8
Aug 21, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #511 of 581
I updated my E8 2.0 to the new firmware this morning. They remove whatever setting you have if you decide to select one of their presets and then revert to your own - you can't as it is not saved. The soundstage for me has narrowed and it cannot be widened like previously by using your fingers to increase the size of the circle. Yet another B&O fcuk up....

Aug 21, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #512 of 581
I updated my E8 2.0 to the new firmware this morning. They remove whatever setting you have if you decide to select one of their presets and then revert to your own - you can't as it is not saved. The soundstage for me has narrowed and it cannot be widened like previously by using your fingers to increase the size of the circle./QUOTE]
You confused me for a minute, you mean App update not firmware. The resizable circles was removed awhile ago when B&O moved to the new app.

Aug 22, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #514 of 581
I mean both. Firmware is now 5.3.0 on version 2.0
Strange, I have E8 version 1 and I thought it was only the case that is different in vs 2? The firmware on mine are 5.6.0. Orherwise i agree that it is annoying that in the new app we apparently cannot change the “soundstage” anymore....

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #515 of 581
Strange, I have E8 version 1 and I thought it was only the case that is different in vs 2? The firmware on mine are 5.6.0. Orherwise i agree that it is annoying that in the new app we apparently cannot change the “soundstage” anymore....
The only difference between v1 and v2 is the case, the buds are identical just like you said.

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #516 of 581
The only difference between v1 and v2 is the case, the buds are identical just like you said.
Agree, my comment was related to @pablohoney’s mentioning of firmware version 5.3.0 as being the latest, I have 5.6.0.....

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #518 of 581
One thing I have noticed with the E8 Version 2.0 is that the left earbud issue where if you forget your case like I did yesterday and the earbuds were not in the case for a long period the left earbud came back to life without the need for the case. I think on version 1 if you left the earbuds out of the case for a prolonged period the left earbud would switch off whereas the right earbud was fine?

Sep 5, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #519 of 581
One thing I have noticed with the E8 Version 2.0 is that the left earbud issue where if you forget your case like I did yesterday and the earbuds were not in the case for a long period the left earbud came back to life without the need for the case. I think on version 1 if you left the earbuds out of the case for a prolonged period the left earbud would switch off whereas the right earbud was fine?

B&O staff answers as a no-brainer.
I said their E8 v2 can not control the left unit when that case ran out of battery. It lead to L unit stops earlier than R unit while in use.

They try to instructed me about how to use, connecting ways of R to L...etc.
I said I am fully read and understood what written in the manual. And all of that have no relation to my situation.

I wasnt user who leave L unit alone or further than 20cm from R unit (B&O staff tried to conclude this was my situation!)
I wasnt user who let any of L or R unit operates longer time than the other, nor charge one of them longer time than the other.
I did not forget to put both in to their charger each time after use.
... etc..etc.
All factors are the same. Nothing difference. Still, L end of battery much earlier than R.

Sometimes I found L unit stop operating( mute after series of "beep" signal - low batt signal) much longer than R unit which remains 40-50% battery.
Any times it happen, I found the charger was end of battery.

WHY

Maybe you guys know that L unit can not turn off itself. Only R unit can auto shutdown. That is designation.
OK not a big problem.
The charger will shut it down, so just put them (L or both) into the charger after use.
But somehow the charger becomes end of battery after some minutes or hours.
Then, phenomenom will be same as said above.

=> If you wanna avoid L unit to be death earlier than the R, try to keep charger's battery level 2 of 3 or more (2nd indicator led is lit)

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #520 of 581
I've just got my E8s, very pleased with the overall sound but have a question.
Sat stationary they are fine, but if walking I can hear every step, lying down my heart beating.
Seems to be a fit issue as pulling them out slightly reduces bass but also means no sounds when active.

Is this just a case of getting used to the best fitment and making small adjustments to fit or something I can resolve buy changing earbuds?
I've current got the default tips in...

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #521 of 581
I've just got my E8s, very pleased with the overall sound but have a question.
Sat stationary they are fine, but if walking I can hear every step, lying down my heart beating.
Seems to be a fit issue as pulling them out slightly reduces bass but also means no sounds when active.

Is this just a case of getting used to the best fitment and making small adjustments to fit or something I can resolve buy changing earbuds?
I've current got the default tips in...

its all about the fit/seal. Check out Comply foam tips. Find the right fit for your ears with them. I think you get a free medium sized pair with the E8s when you buy them.

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #524 of 581
I strongly recommend this setting for E8v2 exclude Adapt sound is belong to my ear's hearing (but you can do for your ears).
By combine of eq on E8 itself, eq & sound adaptive on my smartphone, I get very best of sq.
I do surprise by the result!!!
(I use hd800s, shure kse1500 and 1200, so I know some good level of sq)

Condition: Samsung galaxy Note8
(I know how Ss device responding to EQing but I am sure on other model such as Note10, S10...).

Benefit:
+ Huge headstage!
+ Extremely flat respond from 35Hz to 5500Hz! This is most importance range of frequency.
At 30Hz it is still quite flat.
Since around 6k is human's peak resonance, from 5500 it start rise up, but narrow band.
There's only that peak untill 13.5k.
Not only flat, LR channel is equally respond, not any freq swing volume can be heard.
Loundness of L and R is equal as you hearing a mono headphone!
+ Because of above fr, clairity and balance tonal is at a level never ever archive before.

If you think eq-ing will destroy the sq, I agree in case best devices: daps, headphone...
E8 is not that case.

Screenshot_20191120-210510_SoundAlive.jpg
Screenshot_20191120-210445_Adapt sound.jpg
Screenshot_20191120-210549_Bang & Olufsen.jpg

Nov 20, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #525 of 581
Anyone having issues connecting to the B&O iOS app since they updated it recently? The app can't connect to the earphones - E8 V2.0.
Same here. The phone and E8 are connected but the B&O app doesn't seem to acknowledge this and says "We cannot reach your product".
A phone reset from time to time helps, but it is very annoying.. hope B&O will fix this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back