Benjie Offical Thread
Sep 20, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #1,951 of 2,126
Benjie AS20:

i received my Benjie AS20 a week ago.
i know that sound quality is the most important thing, but the user interface is above average.
i cannot recommend the new generation of Benjie players to anyone. After the S5 the is no development and no quality regarding benjie players.
Hi.
I don't quite understand, are you not satisfied in your new Benji in the sound or the interface?
The sound is worse than the S5?

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #1,952 of 2,126
Hi.
I don't quite understand, are you not satisfied in your new Benji in the sound or the interface?
The sound is worse than the S5?
It is not the sound. it is the user interface.
and the dont develope their products. where is the "benjie T8".
The S5 have the best overall package in the low-budget Hifi Player market.
but suddenly there are no new products.
i have three benjie S5 players and all for sports and for work. Everything is fine for that price range.
But i want to have something new. And the Benjie A20 user interface is silly and not a real development.

I also have a hiby r3 player and the ipod touch and i know that the comparision with the S5 is unfair, but i want a new product.

Sep 20, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #1,953 of 2,126
Benjie AS20:

i received my Benjie AS20 a week ago.
i know that sound quality is the most important thing, but the user interface is above average.
i cannot recommend the new generation of Benjie players to anyone. After the S5 the is no development and no quality regarding benjie players.

The Benjie T6 has a good user interface. Much more intuitive than S5. The T6 has also the best soundquality IMO.

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #1,954 of 2,126
The Benjie T6 has a good user interface. Much more intuitive than S5. The T6 has also the best soundquality IMO.
I had the T6 for a very brief time, the sound quality was great for the price, sadly terrible battery life and the cheap plastic screen covering let it down somewhat, I haven't tried the T6 v2 but believe it's identical other than more rounded corners. It's a shame that Benjie seem to just re-hash their old products, as far as I know they haven't released anything truly new in a long time.

Nov 16, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #1,955 of 2,126
Good night everyone,

I bought one Benjie K11 but the touch buttons weren't working.
I opened it, and found that one end of a red wire wasn't soldered to anything.
1.jpg

Does anyone already opened one too, that could help me to find lost soldering point?
Thanks to everyone.

Jan 10, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #1,956 of 2,126
Hi, I just received the Benjie K11, with the 2.4" screen. Great little player.

The information page says,
Model: K8PLUS
Version: V1.01.1.1

Does anyone know where to get Benjie firmware, because this looks like it has the 1.8" screen, K8 firmware?

I've seen that some people have been installing the AGPTek C2 firmware but all the AGP links seem to go to dead webpages. Even the links on the AGPTek website to downloads look to be broken.

Happy New Year

Jan 10, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #1,957 of 2,126
Hi, I just received the Benjie K11, with the 2.4" screen. Great little player.

The information page says,
Model: K8PLUS
Version: V1.01.1.1

Does anyone know where to get Benjie firmware, because this looks like it has the 1.8" screen, K8 firmware?

I've seen that some people have been installing the AGPTek C2 firmware but all the AGP links seem to go to dead webpages. Even the links on the AGPTek website to downloads look to be broken.

Happy New Year

Hmm, seems somewhere like page 127 or around there should get you where you want to be:wink:

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #1,959 of 2,126
Hi,
I just received the K3 and wanted to let you know that the bass of this thing is severely lacking. I cannot hear anything below 60 Hz no matter the Eq setting or the loudness. This seems to be confirmed by another fellow Head-fier in a separate thread.
In conclusion, in case you're planning to not use this just with earbuds (Monks, Vido etc) but with earphones as well, please take this risk into consideration.
Cheers

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #1,960 of 2,126
Anyone here has benjie S8 and can compare with the S5?
How do the S5 compare with the Benjie s5? Is it worth going up?

Mar 14, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #1,961 of 2,126
After the last (non-answered question) i have another one

as i wanna buy the new AGPTEK M30B which should be the Benjie S5 with color screen and bluetooth, do you think i can get a great improvement if i go up to the T6 in terms of sound quality or this is not worth it?

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #1,962 of 2,126

i dont think, that the s8 is a major upgrade. the userinterface seems to me like the benjie k11 or other benjie (with colored display) models.
Again after the s5 there are no significant developements regarding benjie.
try to get the ruizu a50 or the hifiman megamini (sometimes you can get it on ebay for 50€).
my last advice is to go back to the s5 model.

Mar 17, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #1,963 of 2,126
i dont think, that the s8 is a major upgrade. the userinterface seems to me like the benjie k11 or other benjie (with colored display) models.
Again after the s5 there are no significant developements regarding benjie.
try to get the ruizu a50 or the hifiman megamini (sometimes you can get it on ebay for 50€).
my last advice is to go back to the s5 model.

I've heard Ruizu A50 has a low treble rolloff and the hifiman megamini is not avaiable on amazon, where i have 24€ of bonus in my account.
In any case, i've bough an agptek M30B which should be a benjie s8 (an evolution of the Agptek m20b/benjie s5b with a colored screen + equalizer).
It will come here next week and i will write a few impressions here.

Apr 3, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #1,965 of 2,126
Since it seems you got the Benjie S8 for some time now (read it in a different thread), would you care to share your opinion on it? Also, if you have both, could you compare it with the S5?
I used to have the S5, but sold it, and now I'm thinking about getting another one, but with Bluetooth. Might as well get the S8, if the sq is comparable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back