Benjie Offical Thread
Apr 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #1,367 of 2,126

thanks but that's the same instructions as the pdf that comes with the firmware package. I was hoping there was a way to flash through the player itself.

the program won't flash the firmware. It just times out after a minute or so and failure error. running win10.

edit: ok after taking another look, I manage to get it to update. 1st time the firmware update will fail after about 60 seconds and give a timeout error; fail to switch udisk > adfu mode. the player will be stuck in adfu mode now, either windows or the program can't properly recognise and read/write to it. all I had to do was simply unplugged/reinserted the usb cable and the program then detected the player in adfu mode - which then flashed the firmware without a problem.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #1,368 of 2,126
This place is going to be the death of my wallet. Amazon had the K9 on sale for $20.50 so I ordered 2.

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #1,369 of 2,126
This place is going to be the death of my wallet. Amazon had the K9 on sale for $20.50 so I ordered 2.

dead-wallet_zpsae738e45.png

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #1,370 of 2,126
Ain't that the truth, "Welcome to head-fi, Sorry about your wallet."

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #1,371 of 2,126
I got AGPtek M08 as a sample product. I guess M08 is an updated version of M07(8GB) /M28(16GB) but M08's sound trait and quality is equivalent with that of M20. IMHO, M08 sounds slightly less bass than M20 sound.

If you want to get to display artworks of mp3 and M20 sound, M08 is a good candidate.

May 1, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #1,372 of 2,126
Lovin' my T6/TFZ S1s combo:beerchug:

T6 S1s.JPG

May 3, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #1,374 of 2,126
hi i just want to know if you recommend benjie s5 than t6 or k9 .. planning to buy tomorrow .. I need your advice please

Yes langku, of my 3 Benjie's I would order them in this order, S5/T6 sound very much the same but build and buttons seem better on the S5 however you don't get the T6's screen! With that said you just need to decide what's most important to you. Cheers and happy shopping:beerchug:

May 3, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #1,375 of 2,126
Question:

Anyone tried and purchased the new Benjie X1 yet?

Any reviews as compared to the S5?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ess-Alloy-Metal-Body/1230803_32780204151.html

I am considering to get 2 (one for a birthday present) and one for myself.) I already have the S5, which i really liked. Only thing is the S5 firmware is a little buggy (file names of currently played music always gets stuck, you got to off and on the screen to "refresh" the display. Otherwise if you switch tracks, the file name displayed will always be the same track and not moving).

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #1,376 of 2,126
Question:

Anyone tried and purchased the new Benjie X1 yet?

Any reviews as compared to the S5?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ess-Alloy-Metal-Body/1230803_32780204151.html

I am considering to get 2 (one for a birthday present) and one for myself.) I already have the S5, which i really liked. Only thing is the S5 firmware is a little buggy (file names of currently played music always gets stuck, you got to off and on the screen to "refresh" the display. Otherwise if you switch tracks, the file name displayed will always be the same track and not moving).

I have received my X1, today. Looking foward to test it but the first impressions are really good. Very solid construction and nice design.

May 7, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #1,377 of 2,126
Hey all, I'm considering getting a Benjie and have narrowed my options down to these three:

1) Benjie X1
2) Benjie T6
3) Benjie S5

Which one of these is the best option?

The only reason I'm hesitant about getting X1 or S5 is that they are both consumer grade and the T6 is audiophile grade... I'm aware of the fact that S5 has a huge cult following behind it and that the X1 and T6 are relatively new entrants... And I've heard the X1 is an S5 with a better screen (or is it?). I also read somewhere that the S5 downsamples 24-bit audio to 16-bit before playing it and that made me hesitate about getting the S5 or the X1... And one more thing is, considering the possibility of a Rockbox port for the T6, I'm more inclined towards getting it... Please help me select one from these three.

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Just noticed that the T6 has bi-directional Bluetooth streaming meaning I can play my Spotify on this thing and it just won my heart... I'd sell my soul for that sort of thing xD

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #1,378 of 2,126
Unfortunately I don'town the X1 however I do have S5/T6 and the K9 which is a kiddie player with it's cheap baked on paint (the kind that chips easily) and the silly external speaker on the back. I think what you want is the T6, it looks more A-Phile than the S5, has a better screen and of course the ability for you to wirelessly stream. SQ wise S5 and T6 are extremely close. Not sure if I've helped or not but I think you would like the T6

May 7, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #1,379 of 2,126
Unfortunately I don'town the X1 however I do have S5/T6 and the K9 which is a kiddie player with it's cheap baked on paint (the kind that chips easily) and the silly external speaker on the back. I think what you want is the T6, it looks more A-Phile than the S5, has a better screen and of course the ability for you to wirelessly stream. SQ wise S5 and T6 are extremely close. Not sure if I've helped or not but I think you would like the T6

I was looking around a lot for the opinion of someone who'd compared both (S5 and T6)... Thanks :D... I guess I'll go for the T6 then.

And btw, have you had that popping sound while switching tracks some people talk about? (and the OP itself says)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back