Benjie Offical Thread
Apr 23, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #1,353 of 2,126
I just firmware updated my S5, not sure what differences I'm supposed to notice, but will know soon I'm sure. Oh wow, my clock says it's July 24 at 1:09 pm. 

Sound quality seems similar. 

I think for most people a S5 would suffice as a daily music player, I'm also listening with a $5 US pair of headphones. UiiSii C200.

PS: I think the sound quality might be better after the M20 Agptek Firmware update! My MEE Audio RX18 headphones now sound better.

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #1,354 of 2,126
I just firmware updated my S5, not sure what differences I'm supposed to notice, but will know soon I'm sure. Oh wow, my clock says it's July 24 at 1:09 pm. 

Sound quality seems similar. 

I think for most people a S5 would suffice as a daily music player, I'm also listening with a $5 US pair of headphones. UiiSii C200.

PS: I think the sound quality might be better after the M20 Agptek Firmware update! My MEE Audio RX18 headphones now sound better.

Is this true???? Sq is better?

Apr 25, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #1,356 of 2,126
nah, for me at least. i just updated mine few days ago and followed every step stated in the pdf file included in the update file.

as for the sq being better or the volume being louder, I'll bet my money on it that it's all placebo. i did critical listening on the s5 before jumping on the wagon as I was worried that the sq will degrade. also, i left the volume the same before and after the update. didn't notice any​ difference whatsoever apart from the ui being more responsive and of course, a few added itty bit features like the clock/date screensaver.

Apr 25, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #1,357 of 2,126
Does anyone have the original Benjie S5 firmware anymore, or maybe it's on their website? After updating to Agptek's M20 firmware, my S5 has been bricked and is now useless. Has this happened to anyone else?

U can try to update ur firmware again. I think i bricked mine when i updated it and i just used the software and re-flashed again.

Apr 25, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #1,358 of 2,126
U can try to update ur firmware again. I think i bricked mine when i updated it and i just used the software and re-flashed again.

Thanks, I just want my S5 back, I'm going to try and find the firmware. I don't care for M20 especially when the first flash was a bad one.

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #1,359 of 2,126
Hi everyone, I'm a new here and after reading all your comments I have a Benjie X1 on the way XD. I plan to use it with my Piston 3, probably it won't need an amp, but I read in different sites that piston 3 may require one to show its best.
Nx1 has very good comments, also, I've seen a chinese one called XU09 in Aliexpress for 17bucks, anybody has heard about it ? I barely found comments about it

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #1,360 of 2,126
I flashed my firmware on the S5 twice, and it's still bricked. I used it for burning in headphones; it looks like I won't be doing that anymore. I guess I won't always take peoples advice from this website especially when I'm already leery of doing it.

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #1,361 of 2,126
Hi everyone, I'm a new here and after reading all your comments I have a Benjie X1 on the way XD. I plan to use it with my Piston 3, probably it won't need an amp, but I read in different sites that piston 3 may require one to show its best.
Nx1 has very good comments, also, I've seen a chinese one called XU09 in Aliexpress for 17bucks, anybody has heard about it ? I barely found comments about it

Thanks in advance

Hi epres, I have 3 of the Benjies now, S5, K9 and T6. They all three sound identical to me with the same tracks and iem's but I will say I really love the size and dark gray S5 the most with the black T6 pulling in right behind it (the ability to have 256 makes the T6 really sweet). The K9 is the least expensive but it's because you only get 128GB expansion.

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #1,362 of 2,126
Hey mate try different firmware? Mine done the same but i re flashed it and that fixed it? It wont be fully bricked if you have a SD card in there take it out. Does it work when you plug it into your PC? Like does it get recognized as a USB device? My screen wasn't turning on at all the update seemed to freeze for a moment so i re done it and it worked.

I got the Benjie K9 its okay the i think the S5 sounds heaps better and has a better amp? The UI on both are not to bad i got use to the K9 UI straight away. The S5 does have a better UI overall. The no volume button is a bit sucky but it does have a custom equalizer and plus it has the colour screen while not being the best screen it does a good job its just low pixel density. It would be good if they combined the two together and make a more complete budget player.

When pairing the S5 with my E17K it sounds awesome like next level the amp gives it more warmth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back