Benjie Offical Thread
Jan 17, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #1,051 of 2,126
-The "Welcome" text when starting the player turned into AGPTEK logo

There is also BENJIE logo instead of the welcome text in this video @ 04:22. Could be the same firmware Agptek replaced the logo in. Or benjie replaced agptek's logo, I dunno 
confused_face_2.gif

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #1,052 of 2,126
Hi! i'm looking for a player to change my old iPod that I used when I go to the gym. I'm looking for something not to expensive and I saw this s5. But I have a question...
Can S5 read notes in .txt format? Usually I use notes .txt on Ipod to read the workout plan when I am at gym.. 

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #1,053 of 2,126
weedophile is pretty much spot on with my impressions on the S5 vs Walnut V2 as well. One thing I'd like to add though is that with the S5 you can just use it with any headphones and IEM's without thinking more about it (as long as it has enough power). With the Walnut on the other side you need to be much more conscious about your pairing due to the 100Ohms output (which will make some stuff sound great and other not so great) and the bass roll off which will be more noticeable with some IEM's or headphones than others.

If you plan to use your device with BA, or even hybrid, IEM's I'd go for the S5. If you plan to use it with high impedance full sized cans or earbuds I'd go for the Walnut.

Just my 2c.....

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #1,058 of 2,126
I changed over to the AGPTEK firmware yesterday and as well as getting playlists I noticed another improvement.

This also happened with the Fiio M3, when you went into "Albums" (not folder view), if the album had only nine tracks they would show in order. If more than ten, track ten would show first, then track one, two etc. I couldn't understand why it was doing this as I ran a file sort program to put them in correct order and in folder view they were in the right order this way and the same thing happened on M3 until the recent firmware. 

If the new Benjie firmware keeps this fix and playlists I will try it so I get the Benjie logo back on the load up screen if not I won't bother, so I won't be the one who tries it first. Please post feedback whoever does.

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #1,060 of 2,126
Hmm i tried flashing and the logo still shows AGPTEK when i boot up and there isnt much difference from the AGPTEK firmware. Everything's the same, there is screensaver and stuff.

And i accidentally deleted all my local disk song and boy the player was smooth like butter lol.

Last thing is my player started to peel abit, cant wait to see how it looks like when its fully naked.

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #1,061 of 2,126
  Hmm i tried flashing and the logo still shows AGPTEK when i boot up and there isnt much difference from the AGPTEK firmware. Everything's the same, there is screensaver and stuff.

And i accidentally deleted all my local disk song and boy the player was smooth like butter lol.

Last thing is my player started to peel abit, cant wait to see how it looks like when its fully naked.

Did you flash your M20 to become a Benjie S5? That's odd, people with S5's were doing the opposite.

Oh, if you want to see what your M20 is like naked, look at a Benjie S5, sorry to ruin the suspense!

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #1,063 of 2,126
@LaughMoreDaily Mine is a S5 and was running on the M20 firmware. Probably the new Benjie FW is similar to the M20's FW. Idk lol

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #1,064 of 2,126
OK i flashed it, still AGPTEK logo - everything looks the same.

If you are going to flash it - uninstall previous "Audio product tool" and instal one from this russian .zip .I couldn't flash it with old audio product tool i flashed 2.2 version.

It's 2.6 so it should be never then current 2.2 version that we all flashed.

I cannot verify that music sort question that someone asked since all my music is played from folder view. I don't have it sorted by albums, musicians, etc... i'm barbarian :)

My only wish is that this version solves freezing screen problem since none of previous solves it... and will report after few days of testing.

Regards 

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #1,065 of 2,126
Left for vacation on Saturday. 4 hour delay at airport. Have my Benjie, Monk Plus, Dark Side and 324 songs on a card. Time well spent. And the Benjie has been fine on the beach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back