Benjie Offical Thread
Oct 10, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #466 of 2,126
My K9 came with the white earbuds, I think It's the same as the metallic gray one. Very hard to drive, have to crank the volume to 100% on my HTC M7 to archive sufficient loudness. I'm not sure if amping make them sound better. The bass was very good, impactful, punchy, tight. Mids is slightly recessed. Treb is not too sharp, not extended enough. I really want to know how they sound if amped, I think they have potential.

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #467 of 2,126
I just got my S5 few days ago.

I was surprised of how small this thing is :D

The earbud indeed lack of bass.And not as loud as my MX 375, I was dislike it at first, but then I start to hearing things that usually just a simply fading sound in other earbuds, wow....! I like it so much!

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #468 of 2,126
  I just got my S5 few days ago.

I was surprised of how small this thing is :D

The earbud indeed lack of bass.And not as loud as my MX 375, I was dislike it at first, but then I start to hearing things that usually just a simply fading sound in other earbuds, wow....! I like it so much!

S5 cannot drive this earbud properly. Use powerful setup, you'll find this earbud is unbeleavable!! I cannot imagine how both of them can be only sold at less than $20!

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #469 of 2,126

S5 cannot drive this earbud properly. Use powerful setup, you'll find this earbud is unbeleavable!! I cannot imagine how both of them can be only sold at less than $20!

Is a CMOY good enough?
Since I can build this by myself.

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #472 of 2,126
  My K9 came with the white earbuds, I think It's the same as the metallic gray one. Very hard to drive, have to crank the volume to 100% on my HTC M7 to archive sufficient loudness. I'm not sure if amping make them sound better. The bass was very good, impactful, punchy, tight. Mids is slightly recessed. Treb is not too sharp, not extended enough. I really want to know how they sound if amped, I think they have potential.

Same white earbud and I have to say that it improved a lot when amped. Soundstage is opened and spacious, mid is more forward and fuller. Bass has good slam and punchy while the treb is smooth but not lack of crisp and sparkle. The sound signature is like the TY Hi-Z 32 Ohm with more forward and pronounced mid and smoother treb.
Unfortunately mine has channel imbalanced so I can't enjoy to the fullest.

Oct 11, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #479 of 2,126
Dude you can't compare VE zen to anything. It's in its own league.

How about Zen compared to 518? That earbud competes my SHP9500

BTW, you use X3 with runabout to drive Zen, you should compare them on that setup.

That's not fair lol. It's obvious that the s5 has less detail but it's still very impressive. It's really not a set up I would really use regularly.

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #480 of 2,126
That's not fair lol. It's obvious that the s5 has less detail but it's still very impressive. It's really not a set up I would really use regularly.

Yes, detail is not impressive. What impressed me most is soundstage.
Do you think it's hard to drive? Did you compared with Zen? I found it's as hard to drive as HD600. Is it 300ohm?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back