Benjie Offical Thread
Jul 13, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #1,441 of 2,126
Could you explain how to get the Bluetooth to work, please?

Ok lets start with the Benjie off

Turn on the Benjie
Click the back button next to the M button untill you come into the main menu Set -Bluetooth - Last played etc.
When the display shows Bluetooth click the enter/play button.

In the menu Bluetooth Status click enable

Set your bluetooth headphone in search/pairing mode

On the Benjie select and click Bluetooth Search
If all went well the Benjie will find your bluetooth headphone. It shows up in the menu.
Click on it and then the menu shows Bluetooth Devices Connected.
Click on this and then the bluetooth headphone is connected.

Scroll down in the menu to music list and select your music.

Jul 13, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #1,442 of 2,126
Today I received my Benjie S5B. Well not really because the Aliexpress seller sent me an ordinary S5 :angry:. Contacted the seller and am curious what he has to say.

edit: All is ok. The S5B model is not printed on the device. It only says S5 but the bluetooth option is available in the menu.

So the difference is firmware? Instead of releasing an update to existing customers they called it a new model?

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #1,443 of 2,126
Only the seller calls it the S5b. There is no mention of S5b on the device and the box.

Good question though. Maybe the bluetooth hardware is already there in the older models.

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #1,444 of 2,126
Ok lets start with the Benjie off

Turn on the Benjie
Click the back button next to the M button untill you come into the main menu Set -Bluetooth - Last played etc.
When the display shows Bluetooth click the enter/play button.

In the menu Bluetooth Status click enable

Set your bluetooth headphone in search/pairing mode

On the Benjie select and click Bluetooth Search
If all went well the Benjie will find your bluetooth headphone. It shows up in the menu.
Click on it and then the menu shows Bluetooth Devices Connected.
Click on this and then the bluetooth headphone is connected.

Scroll down in the menu to music list and select your music.
THANK YOU! I will try this when i get home.

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #1,446 of 2,126
No problem! Good Luck!
It took a little while to figure it out...but it worked! Thank you!!! I think it sounds really good with my Ghostek SoDrop 2 headphones. I'm very happy!!!! Love my Benjie S5b.

Jul 14, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #1,447 of 2,126
It took a little while to figure it out...but it worked! Thank you!!! I think it sounds really good with my Ghostek SoDrop 2 headphones. I'm very happy!!!! Love my Benjie S5b.

Great that you've got it working now!
To connect with bluetooth is not userfriendly. Benjie should work on that.

Jul 15, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #1,448 of 2,126
I just got an AGPtEK M20 off Amazon UK. I'm pleasantly surprised at what you can get these days for less than £25, and It pairs very well with my MediaDevil EB ingenia woodies. I'm just glad I found this thread as I was looking for an affordable DAP and have had bad experiences in the past with Chinese branded players.

I'm not sure what firmware version my unit is running but I don't get a drop in volume as some have reported when using the EQ presets, some of the presets even seem to boost the volume level.

Jul 15, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #1,449 of 2,126
I just got an AGPtEK M20 off Amazon UK. I'm pleasantly surprised at what you can get these days for less than £25, and It pairs very well with my MediaDevil EB ingenia woodies. I'm just glad I found this thread as I was looking for an affordable DAP and have had bad experiences in the past with Chinese branded players.

I'm not sure what firmware version my unit is running but I don't get a drop in volume as some have reported when using the EQ presets, some of the presets even seem to boost the volume level.

Yeah I'm also very impressed with the Benjie S5B Amazing quality for this money. My unit gives a drop in volume when using the EQ presets but it's not a big deal for me.
The only thing I'm missing on the Benjie S5 is a custom EQ setting.
Batterylife when using Bluetooth is not very good but that was to be expected. +/-5 hours.

Now i'm waiting for the Benjie T8. In the mean time i'm very happy with the S5B.

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #1,450 of 2,126
I too am completely satisfied and happy with my Benjie S5b. It is tiny, sounds great, has a very intuitive UI, great battery life, nice and solid build.....and Bluetooth functionality (which is a bit fiddly to set up, but works). I love the physical lock and volume buttons. I love the touch screen. For less than $30, this is a screaming deal.

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #1,452 of 2,126
Yeah I'm also very impressed with the Benjie S5B Amazing quality for this money. My unit gives a drop in volume when using the EQ presets but it's not a big deal for me.
The only thing I'm missing on the Benjie S5 is a custom EQ setting.
Batterylife when using Bluetooth is not very good but that was to be expected. +/-5 hours.

Now i'm waiting for the Benjie T8. In the mean time i'm very happy with the S5B.

The Benjie T8 looks really nice. Its a shame they didn't increase the battery capacity of S5B version to account for Bluetooth use. I have to agree with a lot of other posters that the Jazz EQ setting seems to be that best preset so far for me. I don't normally bother with EQ settings very often these days, I usually just try and match a good pair of headphones that synergise well with a player but the Jazz setting really seems to add more balance to the overall sound with the phones I'm using. I've just ordered a 32GB SanDisk micro SD, hopefully the S5 plays nice with this brand.

When changing tracks I have experienced a bug a few other posters have mentioned were it still show the previous track that was playing, rebooting makes it go away again, and so far I've only had this happen to me on a few occasion. Not really much of an issue, Its hard to be too critical when the price is so great.

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #1,453 of 2,126
The Benjie T8 looks really nice. Its a shame they didn't increase the battery capacity of S5B version to account for Bluetooth use. I have to agree with a lot of other posters that the Jazz EQ setting seems to be that best preset so far for me. I don't normally bother with EQ settings very often these days, I usually just try and match a good pair of headphones that synergise well with a player but the Jazz setting really seems to add more balance to the overall sound with the phones I'm using. I've just ordered a 32GB SanDisk micro SD, hopefully the S5 plays nice with this brand.

When changing tracks I have experienced a bug a few other posters have mentioned were it still show the previous track that was playing, rebooting makes it go away again, and so far I've only had this happen to me on a few occasion. Not really much of an issue, Its hard to be too critical when the price is so great.

Mine works just fine.

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #1,454 of 2,126

Mine works just fine.

Mine works fine also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back