Benjie Offical Thread
Aug 1, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #1,486 of 2,126
Does any know the difference between the KZ ZS5 and the KZ ED12?

totally different designs

the ED12 have a single 10mm dynamic driver
the ZS5 have two dynamic drivers (10mm and 6.4mm) and two balanced armatures

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #1,487 of 2,126
totally different designs

the ED12 have a single 10mm dynamic driver
the ZS5 have two dynamic drivers (10mm and 6.4mm) and two balanced armatures

Much better answer than mine: 7

Aug 6, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #1,489 of 2,126
Can anyone tell me weather to get the S5b or K9(The bluetooth one) .I just received the bluetooth cable for my ZS3 and looking for a DAP with bluetooth.

The s5B sounds great but not every headphone is the same so I want to have freedom with sound settings in a custom equalizer.
I have the 5SB and ordered a T6 with equalizer. If the k9 has an equalizer maybe I would go for the k9 instead of 5SB. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #1,491 of 2,126
Can anyone tell me weather to get the S5b or K9(The bluetooth one) .I just received the bluetooth cable for my ZS3 and looking for a DAP with bluetooth.
Using the bluetooth on the S5b is a pain in the arse. Don't know if its easier on the K9....but man, the S5b is not user-friendly when it comes to bluetooth. I love just about everything else about it though.

Wait, I'm confused now. Is there a K9 with bluetooth??? I thought it was just the K8 that had bluetooth.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #1,493 of 2,126
Aug 6, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #1,495 of 2,126
Hi,
just want to chime my impressions on Benjie S5B
Ordered from aliexpress, with a bonus nice pouch
But sadly it came with the white earphone, I can confirm that earphone is of low quality

The DAP itself has good sound, a bit warmer than my Surface 4 Pro, but still brighter than my zen stone.
But the highs still hot on my Takstar Pro80 (with Brainwavz pleather pad). Too dark on Plextone X41M, but it's a basshead iem tho.
I love the sound when paired with Sony MDR MA900, Uiishii HM7 or Soundmagic E10

No problem with the UI and FW, shuffle worked well
Bluetooth worked, no problem, easy to pair with my QCY QY12 and Bluedio H+

Love the form factor, just a bit bigger than my old 2GB zen stone
The oled screen is good, albeit rather small, but that to be expected on DAP this size
Worked with 64GB exFAT microSD, but still can't sort files on exFAT, Drivesort won't work on it

Aug 12, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #1,496 of 2,126
Have been using the T6 for a few days now and I can say that I would fall in love with it if not....
Over 5 meter range the T6 get Bluetooth hitch and disconnects fast after that. The need for manual reconnect is a bit of a hassle every time you go outside of the range.
Maybe Benjie has chosen to implement a short range to reduce battery usage?

Otherwise I really like the device.

Compared to my Benjie S5B the T6 has a bit more of mid and high frequencies with equalizer off.
It pairs well with my Superlux HD681 Evo headphones.
The sound is great! Such a pleasure listening music with this combination.
With the custom equalizer I've set a tad bit less mid and bass and the sound is awesome. Great detail, warm bass rich midtones and fresh highs.

IMO the T6 sounds better than the S5B but it's all a matter of taste ofcourse.
The type of headphone is also a big factor. Some headphones fit better with different DAP's
The custom equalizer is a big advantage over the SB5 unless you only want untouched sound.
My device has no clicks when changing song as some other users mentioned.

The display is not high-end like OLED but it is sharp and works good for what it is used for, even with brightness at minimum.
It has the right size to show clearly the menu, photo and information about the songs.

The menu is userfriendly and fast.
Connecting with bluetooth is easy. Much easier than with S5B.

Plus
Great sound quality
Bluetooth eats less battery than S5B
Custom 10 band equalizer!
Bigger display than S5B
Easy menu
Easy BT connection
Can play music on BT while charging

Min
Short range Bluetooth and disconnects fast after hearing BT hitch.
Sharp edges
30 grams heavier than S5B but in return you get a bigger display and bigger battery
Lock button not as good as S5B

My T6/K1 firmware is 1.04 Beta

Aug 13, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #1,497 of 2,126
Just got the Benjie K8 today. Sound quality roughly as good as the K9. The Bluetooth sounds OK through my audsoms but the interface, yuck. You enter the Bluetooth menus and pair your device, but then you have to access music only through options within the Bluetooth menu. You can get to music organized by indexed categories, but if you want your playlists or to access via folder you can't do that. I have not yet tried accessing music on SD card via the Bluetooth. Try to exit the Bluetooth menu and your device gets disconnected. Want to listen to FM radio on Bluetooth? Can't do it. Personally, I use playlists extensively. I also like to listen to the news when I run. Can't do either of them on the K8. If this is the kind of BT implementation necessary to keep the price low, I'd say it's not worth it.

Aug 14, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #1,498 of 2,126
Just got the Benjie K8 today. Sound quality roughly as good as the K9. The Bluetooth sounds OK through my audsoms but the interface, yuck. You enter the Bluetooth menus and pair your device, but then you have to access music only through options within the Bluetooth menu. You can get to music organized by indexed categories, but if you want your playlists or to access via folder you can't do that. I have not yet tried accessing music on SD card via the Bluetooth. Try to exit the Bluetooth menu and your device gets disconnected. Want to listen to FM radio on Bluetooth? Can't do it. Personally, I use playlists extensively. I also like to listen to the news when I run. Can't do either of them on the K8. If this is the kind of BT implementation necessary to keep the price low, I'd say it's not worth it.

Yeah i recognize your problem with bluetooth and access to playlists and folders. It's the same with the S5B.
Not very userfriendly!

The T6 has a very different system. All 9 icons and options are available while listening with BT.
Much more userfriendly. No special BT-menu. I can listen to playlists, folders, albums etc while on BT.

It has no FM radio though and the Bluetooth lacks range but that's not a problem for me when the T6 is in a pocket or on a desk nearby.

ICONS:

1 - Podcast
2 - Bluetooth
3 - Albums
4 - Playlists
5 - Music
6 - settings
7 - Artists
8 - Folderview
9 - Now Playing

Lol looks like i'm working for Benjie.. :ksc75smile:

Original-BENJIE-T6-MP3-font-b-Player-b-font-Bluetooth-font-b-HiFi-b-font-font.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #1,499 of 2,126
Alright lads a quick update the X1 is amazing! Every thing about this player shines and punches above its weight. The screen is good and clear its about the right size its a bright screen but not many options for the brightness only 2 settings. The build quality is great Its got a all metal body probably alloy and a glassfront. The glass over the screen is a bit thin if you press hard you hit the screen easily. The metal body and size make it a bit on the heavy side but that's okay. This could also be the bigger battery?
I thought it would sound like the S5 but its better! It appears to have slightly more base feels more punchy on the low end. mids and highs are equaly as good as the S5 i have used the KZATZ and the KZ ED10 they both sound good. The X1 works well with my audiotechnica CKS77 this could be because of the EQ and yes it has a custom EQ! The X1 doesn't sound as muddled as the S5 while producing more bass on while using the CKS77. I am in the air about the amp its just as good if not a tad better for power output when compared to the S5 it power all my headphones good.

The battery life is amazing i went away for work for 2 weeks and i have not charged the X1 yet and its still half full! Probably put on 35+ hours of music if not more i was painting and i had it on for about 8 hours in one day. I had an old s series Walkman and the battery on that was good for about 80 hours this seems to be similiar so far. When the battery is flat i will charge and hook up my USB power meter and see what it says.
My only issue is the keys they are soft touch like the S5 but much harder to see like almost impossible in some conditions. I would rather physical keys if i could chose not a big problem but ill take some pics from different angles so i can explain it better.

I will try and write up a full review with pics this week!

The UI is okay i am not that fussy with UI because you can learn them fairly easy their is shortcut keys to every thing you need from the play menu. I am currently using a 32gb sd card in here.

Using this DAP makes me giddy. I really like the S5 but this just seems better in every way. The S5 feels good no doubt but the X1 seems to go above and beyond. I guess it feels more polished compared to the S5.

So in other words i recommend you buy this player!

Aug 14, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #1,500 of 2,126
My T6/K1 firmware is 1.04 Beta

You can easily update the firmware to 1.06Beta found here - http://images.agptek.us/image/ROCKERVersion/ROCKERVersion1.06Beta/update.upt

Detail on how can be found here - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-shenzhen-benjie-bj-t6-agptek-rocker.834797/

To update firmware, just copy the update.upt file you have onto a properly formatted (exFAT) microSD card, insert the card into your powered off DAP, power it on, go to the Settings Menu, scroll to Firmware Update and then activate the Firmware Update function. It will take a minute or so and then the DAP will power off and then power on again with the new firmware installed.

It doesn't matter that you have any other files on the microSD card, I just use the same card that I keep music on.

The T6/Rocker "Firmware Update" function looks for whatever "update.upt" file that you have on the card to do the update. The "update.upt" file name is generic for ALL updates, be sure to have only the one you want to use on the card when you do the update.

I formatted my microSD card using the T6/Rocker's own "Format the Card" function in Settings. If you opt to format your microSD card with anything else, choose exFAT for best compatibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back