Benefits of a Meat based diet
Aug 10, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #47 of 55
All of the sodium, none of the protein?

NOT everything should taste like bacon. I don't even care for filet mignon much, simply because the bacon wrap impedes upon the taste of the beef. Blasphemy!

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:24 PM Post #48 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by d.phens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know how animals are treated? No offence, it's just torture.
I do believe they've got terrible lives and buying less meat causes less animals to be bred for food.
Actually you CAN stay healthy being a vegetarian but CAN'T eating meat strictly!

I think you want the Benefits of a Plant Diet thread next door
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #49 of 55
I still feel pretty good, got up at 6 AM. Took my dog out. Worked out with dumbbells for an hour (posting at the same time.) Presently, enjoying my morning Starbucks. I'm never hungry, because of my steady blood sugar levels. Ideal body weight that never varies. Pork fat rules as far as I'm concerned.

I've learned the facts as they are presented by studies don't matter. Every nutritional research grant has an agenda and money rules everything. Think about it.

Aug 10, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #51 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally don't think you can beat the bang for your buck with meat-based food. It can taste so darn good while costing next to nothing (frozen food). I'd gladly switch to a more plant-centered diet if there were actually GOOD tasting foods available to me for the same price (or less) as meat-based foods.

Fresh vegetables. Can't get much tastier than that!

Edit: Oops probably wrong thread haha. They're still delicious though!

Aug 10, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #52 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've learned the facts as they are presented by studies don't matter. Every nutritional research grant has an agenda and money rules everything. Think about it.

I agree. Also, 10 - 20 years from now, these "studies" will be rendered moot because we "didn't know enough at the time of the study". I can just see it now...the year is 2027 and the latest report from the New England Journal of Medicine states that they were wrong...an all plant diet is bad for you.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #53 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by d.phens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know how animals are treated? No offence, it's just torture.
I do believe they've got terrible lives and buying less meat causes less animals to be bred for food.
Actually you CAN stay healthy being a vegetarian but CAN'T eating meat strictly!

Torture tastes delicious!!

Aug 10, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #54 of 55
Reducing portion size is one thing but i feel that eating slower is the key. Our brain takes about 15 to 20 mins to register that there's food going through your body. If you eat too much too fast, the body cannot respond fast enough to make you stop ( feeling full ). So a lot of the times, we are actually consuming too much for our body and also this expands the stomach everytime.

If we all eat slower and thus less, we won't have weight issues. This in turn directly reduces the cost of insurance burden resulting from obesity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back