Being a student audiophile...
Mar 4, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #136 of 212
So I guess the consensus is that we should have a mini meet of a sort. Since we all live so close together, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to do in on any weekends in the near future. What time is the best for cal poly students? Since most of you guys are from calpoly, I'll just go along with the time you guys choose. I'm still a freshman with a lot of time :)

Also, can one of you guys look for a room we can use at calpoly maybe? I can try, but I don't think you guys would want to drive to CSUF...

So, if you are in on the meet idea, please post the date you'd prefer, and if possible, a potential location for our mini meet to take place in!

This will be FUN!!

Mar 4, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #137 of 212
I think most of the rooms in the engineering buildings are open over the weekends 24/7. I don't know the date yet though. Weekend would be the best.

Mar 4, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #138 of 212
I don't know my way around poly all that well but I could ask my uncle if he has any ideas if you guy's are having trouble finding a room at Poly (Like I said he's a professor there). Another idea is to ask an EE prof, I bet they would be more than supportive of something like this, tinkering is half the fun.

Mar 4, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #140 of 212
Quote:
Let's do a meet the beginning of spring quarter before classes start to get really hard.

Nice setup you got there V3ng3anc3

Yeah, early spring quarter would be the best. The sooner the better, before I have to start cranking out 20+ pg lab reports or something. :p

Thanks Tinola, I can't wait for my desktop amp/dac to arrive (hopefully a step up from portable). :D Are you planning on bringing your Gilmore Lite to the meet?  Would love to try out one of headamp's products.

Quote:
I think most of the rooms in the engineering buildings are open over the weekends 24/7. I don't know the date yet though. Weekend would be the best.

Yeah, I think so too. If not, we can try getting one of the study rooms in the library on the third floor where they have study sessions, near the elevators. Weekends would be the best, not only for us, but other people that don't have parking passes since parking is free then too. Although if it's on a Saturday I won't be able to make it till sometime around 2-4 pm, due to club meeting (making a competition rocket :D).

Mar 4, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #141 of 212
Do you guys think I should make a separate thread on Cal Poly mini meet so people that don't know about this thread can also consider coming? More the merrier right? unless there's a restraint on room size?

Mar 4, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #143 of 212

Quote:
Do you guys think I should make a separate thread on Cal Poly mini meet so people that don't know about this thread can also consider coming? More the merrier right? unless there's a restraint on room size?

You (or someone else) probably should. would make things easier, and we could stop jacking this thread lol.

As for rooms, engineering west and the cic always have open rooms on the weekends.

Mar 4, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #145 of 212
I was sad I missed the meet in portland.....

Mar 4, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #146 of 212

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, early spring quarter would be the best. The sooner the better, before I have to start cranking out 20+ pg lab reports or something. :p

Thanks Tinola, I can't wait for my desktop amp/dac to arrive (hopefully a step up from portable). :D Are you planning on bringing your Gilmore Lite to the meet?  Would love to try out one of headamp's products.

Quote:

Yeah, I think so too. If not, we can try getting one of the study rooms in the library on the third floor where they have study sessions, near the elevators. Weekends would be the best, not only for us, but other people that don't have parking passes since parking is free then too. Although if it's on a Saturday I won't be able to make it till sometime around 2-4 pm, due to club meeting (making a competition rocket :D).

Yeah, I actually just paid for it today haha. I just need headphones for em. I pretty much started from scratch since I was not really that content with my setup. Probably looking to sell/trade my last headphones(UM3x) for an SR325i or MS2

Mar 4, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #149 of 212

[size=medium]
the EE lounge is often open, that is a good place to do it, good luck on finding sympathetic EE professors, there are only a few who are very approachable (dont go to arakaki or agbo), the grad students in there are generally more approachable, and they have keys to much of the building.
[/size]

Quote:
dude what's up! haven't talked to you in a while haha. i'd be down for a meet, though i'm just really starting to get into it. i just recabled my DT770's!

and to the OP: i got into this "vicious cycle" by finding my pair of DT770's at my friend's house that an old tenant left because only one side worked (lucky me). i google'd DT770's, found head-fi, tore them apart, resoldered everything and they worked fine. i've been super busy so i just got around to recabling them and buying an amp after some research on head-fi. being a 4th year ME student and working a part time job i totally understand V3ng3an3 - i hate life right now. anyways, juman231 if you're serious about this stuff do research and get a job then you'll be satisfied.

p.s. this is my first post! i've been lurking head-fi all this time haha.

HOLY CRAP! (if you have not heard the story yet) that is how I got my sennheisers! the cable over the top was cut so there was only sound out of one side, I bought them off of a guy on clist for $5 and repaired them in the EE project lab. Was some guy just getting awesome headphones and cutting the cables? that is so weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back