Before you buy headphones: A hopefully helpful guide for newbies
Sep 12, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #94 of 150
Hi....
I am John here,I am in search of such information that you provided in your post.The information that you have shared is really very nice and very helpful to the new one who is looking for Headphones.Please continue to sharing such information.Thank you for sharing the post...

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #95 of 150
I am definitely a noob, I am bout to order the Sennheiser HD 650 and buy the Asus Essence for my computer
wink.gif
, I think amps are really expensive.. Do you think the cardas cable upgrade is worth it if I am only using the essence?

Oct 1, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #97 of 150
This is probably one of the most, if not the most, impressive, insightful, well organized, and extremely helpful threads on this site. And I've read A TON of helpful threads (that's why I finally made an account)

Oct 1, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #98 of 150
allright i need some help on buying the right headphones, i listen rock old school

gangsta rap (none of that tpain) techno and a lot of others my dad is a dj and

he gave me his old sony mdrv700dj's. but i wanted to know if i should keep

them or buy some others whether theyre in ear or fullsize price range is 300 max

imma hook em up to a headroom total airhead portable amp

i want them mainly for making music with ableton but also for casual use

what about some audio technicas or sennheisers i was also looking in to some beats by dre.

thanks

Oct 2, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #99 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcosQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
allright i need some help on buying the right headphones, i listen rock old school

them or buy some others whether theyre in ear or fullsize price range is 300 max

what about some audio technicas or sennheisers i was also looking in to some beats by dre.

thanks

you might wanna start your own thread for that. Sennheisers would be a good choice, don't do Beats by Dr. Dre, I had a thread for that you might wanna check it to see some opinions from people who've used em.

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #100 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcosQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thanks

Welcome to Head-fi!

Take a look around a bit at the different threads in your price range, and then start your own thread when you've narrowed down your choices a bit more and have questions related to the choices you have left. Also, be wary of people just randomly tossing out the names of different headphones, and don't be afraid to ask questions about comparisons and experience.

Happy listening.

Oct 22, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #103 of 150
I think it might be important to add how one should upgrade. Ultimately as noobies we dont initially have a nice DAC or dedicated headphone AMP. Maybe the best bang for your buck upgrade path for low impedence and high impedence headphones? Would it be better to upgrade to a nice dedicated DAC if using low impedence headphones like grados first? If one initially buys high impedence headphones like HD-650s does one upgrade the AMP before the DAC?

I have come to the conclusion as I read and re-read the forums that the best initial bang for the buck is to get the best headphones you can afford. Assuming you do that, then what? Will one always benefit from getting the amp next or dac and does it depend on low or high impedence phones? Certainly one could argue and say just get an amp/dac combo to start like the compass. Personally however something like that will be replaced rather quickly and I would rather get a nice dedicated DAC or nice dedicated amp to start and slowly build up with quality parts.

hope I made sense here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back