Before I drop 200$..(BeyerDynamics bt770 80 ohm)
Apr 11, 2011 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Snow_Fox

100+ Head-Fier
So before I drop 200$ on a set of headphones I won't be happy with..

I went to guitarcenter to check out and see what they sound like.. Well turns out when I called the guy said the set they have "out for repair" was in stock and they weren't.

The one guy I spoke to about them said "If you like rap and hip hop they are great!, it is just like listening to a subwoofer in your car!"

Now please, tell me I am wrong or thinking on the wrong tracks here but, what comes to mind is that horrible vibration that comes to mind.. and the distortion to the point that the music goes "WOMP WOMP WOMP"

So, are they that bad? Perhaps I am mistaken in what I want in a set of headphones. I want a set of headphones that when the bass kicks in, they don't back down and can't keep up.

I also don't want the headphones to add a lot of extra to something that is already bass heavy.

I mean correct me if I am wrong I don't listen to a lot of rap or hip hop but, I've been told (perhaps wrongly so) that rap and hip hop lacks bass naturally therefore, it needs a lot of "additives".

Metal by contrast has ample bass "naturally"..

Most of the comments I've read about bass anemic or bass light headphones give me the impression they just don't keep up...

So do I need to worry about the bt 770's being too much? or will they hit the bass just right?

back to square one for the fox..

Apr 11, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #3 of 4
You won't find much love for the dt770s on this forum. But I personally quite like them, however you can probably get better for the same price. In my opinion they aren't like having too subs on your head at all. They are bassy, and not particularly balanced, but do sound good. On the upside, they are very comfortable, and isolate the sound very well.

Apr 11, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 4
Eh.. I am beginning to think there may just not be a solution for me at my price range..

Too small of a sound stage
Too bass anemic
Or.. just flat out too expensive.

Q.Q

I think.. I am just going to try the sennheiser 598's.. they are in price range.. from respectable dealer.. 

if they don't have enough bass I'll just have to grin and bear it.. although if they create more accurate representations of sounds I think I'll be happy.

modifying the sound of any given music is over rated.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back