Before and after pics - CURSE YOU HEAD FI!
Jun 1, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #4,846 of 6,026
Just when I yelled to digitalmind for going to speakers... I bought new speakers also.
biggrin.gif

After some serious listening sessions I ended up to Dynaudio A42 speakers. Amazing sound in its price class. I'll use Stello DA100 as source and CA 640A V2 as an amp. HP100 acts as a preamp.

Kajarit2_1024.jpg

A42_1024.jpg

I have to let my RS-2 go again (to fund these) BUT HD650 won't go anywhere. It will get as much listening time as always.

Jun 1, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #4,847 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just when I yelled to digitalmind for going to speakers... I bought new speakers also.
biggrin.gif

After some serious listening sessions I ended up to Dynaudio A42 speakers. Amazing sound in its price class. I'll use Stello DA100 as source and CA 640A V2 as an amp. HP100 acts as a preamp.

I have to let my RS-2 go again (to fund these) BUT HD650 won't go anywhere. It will get as much listening time as always.

Speakers! You know this is a headphone board right? Get out of here.
evil_smiley.gif

Very nice speakers! Hope you enjoy them a lot.
Same stands as mine are on.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #4,848 of 6,026
“Before and after pics - CURSE YOU HEAD FI!”

I’m beginning to think that hanging out at Head-Fi was much easier on my wallet than the possible alternatives.

Since I pretty much stopped hanging out here I have purchased the following:

Symposium Isis Rack
Jadis Defy-7

And I just ordered and paid for the following:

VPI SSM (Super Scoutmaster) with the new Super Platter (I originally ordered the Scoutmaster but when it came time to pay I decided to upgrade)
Sim Audio LP3 Phono Stage (To use until I decide on a final (Better) phono stage)

In six months of not hanging out at Head-Fi I have spent several times what I had spent in three years of hanging out at Head-Fi. Head-Fi saved me a freaking fortune! Unfortunately, right now headphone listening just isn’t doing it for me. A good speaker rig sounds much more like a live musical event. My headphones are still fantastic, but they are fantastic for headphones.

Once I decide on an upgrade and especially after I pay for it I get very impatient, but unfortunately my new table isn’t due to arrive for another 2-3 weeks. Damn! June is going to last forever.
frown.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #4,849 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speakers! You know this is a headphone board right? Get out of here.
evil_smiley.gif

Very nice speakers! Hope you enjoy them a lot.
Same stands as mine are on.
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL

Yes I enjoy them a lot. Still enjoying my HD650's also.
wink.gif

By the way did you fill up your stands (tubes) with sand? I did.

Jun 3, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #4,850 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since I pretty much stopped hanging out here I have purchased the following:

Just glad to see you're still around Ethan and enjoying the gear, whether it's headphones or not

Jun 3, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #4,852 of 6,026
yep head-fi cursin' is easier on the wallet than the other musical alternatives. guitars will be the end of me.

Jun 4, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #4,853 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite the collection there, Agphoto. What's next in line?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Well. The Tomahawk came in, as well as the ALO dock.

then somehow I wound up bypassing the whole thought on the HD580 and picked these up.

IMG_0470.jpg

They're on their way to me now. Along with some HD650 cables from headroom.

Oh Crap.
580smile.gif

I think in all honesty though, now that I have mostly everything I want. I think I can stop. Only other thing I may get in the future is another more powerful amp. I do love this little tomahawk though. Its just awesome.

Jun 4, 2007 at 12:18 PM Post #4,856 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
me, when i get married.
i wouldnt have too much time for headphone/IEM.

Don't worry. That's only temporary. I've been married 15 years, and I have a wonderful wife and a great marriage. But actually headphone listening has HELPED my marriage...no more "PLEASE TURN THAT DOWN"
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #4,857 of 6,026
So I arrived home this evening to find;

ATH-W5000_1.jpg

ATH-W5000_2.jpg

ATH-W5000_3.jpg

ATH-W5000_4.jpg

ATH-W5000_5.jpg

ATH-W5000_6.jpg

ATH-W5000_7.jpg

Jun 4, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #4,858 of 6,026
Wow, Dork Knight, those w5000's are beyond sexy. I love how audio technica has a case thats all nondescript, but when you open it, BAM! blinding red satin. Congrats on the acquisition.

Jun 4, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #4,860 of 6,026
I wish my photography skills were better to show off the cans
smily_headphones1.gif

I think I may have to bend the headband for a better fit but I can't bring myself to do it... just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back