Before and after pics - CURSE YOU HEAD FI!
Aug 26, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #2,611 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
orange globes pimp my ride
smily_headphones1.gif

im getting a set of jj's for fun. i need to read more to see what else sounds nice.

yep the orange globes do right by the HP2s!

you know mercuttio i have a NOS matched pair of mullards that match well with john grados, i could hook you up for $75 since there's no shipping if you're interested (uh, since we're going to meet sunday) no worries if not!

Aug 26, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #2,612 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
yep the orange globes do right by the HP2s!

you know mercuttio i have a NOS matched pair of mullards that match well with john grados, i could hook you up for $75 since there's no shipping if you're interested (uh, since we're going to meet sunday) no worries if not!

We'll see how much money I'll have on hand... my "modder" thinks it's time to break into the Zhaolu and fix 'er up!

Aug 26, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #2,613 of 6,026
this hp&amp combo is SCARRY.

feeling the bass roll on in some songs is kind of scarry. not quite the earlobe shaker that the omega 2's can be, (very music dependant) but a very good impact. i want to hide behind a door from the waves.

that is all.

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #2,615 of 6,026
Sorry to come late to the party but I must interject my piece. Here I am drinking my bad beer of the night and listening to my silly ol' normal k81s and reading some Headfi goodness when I come upon what is obvisouly an alien invasion.

Everyone might think these so called "cans" are funny but those of us with real 'experiances' know better. (insert Nickolsons' alien diatribe from Easy Rider here!) so you who they call Duggeh I am frightened by your obviously superior headphone technology. The rest of us are sitting here in our impoverished ear-restrained pathetic world of ear music all the while you bask in the gloriousness of surroundednessness. This could only be because of nefarious alien technologies....oh how I envy you...

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #2,616 of 6,026
Aug 26, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #2,617 of 6,026
Duggeh, you need to bring the Surrounder to the 2007 National Meet! I'm feeling a painful need to hear that thing! You'd be the star of the meet for sure with that! Forget the Orpheus, or Stax, or anything else - it'd be all about your Surrounder and Jecklins!
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #2,618 of 6,026
If there is some sort of charity fund which helps pay for my transatlantic crossing. Something which quite simply, I cannot afford for a trip of this kind for the next few years. Then I'd love to come.

Sadly, I think that only the UK Head-Fiers will have any real chance in the medium term.

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #2,620 of 6,026
I'd hate to dissapoint my adoring public.

surrounderyeah.jpg

I must say. It sounds pretty damn good. Well better in terms of sound than that overrated Orpheus mentioned in Jahns article.

Oh, and supremely comfortable compared to the Phonodome Qu4d.

Aug 26, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #2,622 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
I'd hate to dissapoint my adoring public.

I must say. It sounds pretty damn good. Well better in terms of sound than that overrated Orpheus mentioned in Jahns article.

Oh, and supremely comfortable compared to the Phonodome Qu4d.

Don't know why, but this makes me think of Matthew Broderick in War Games.

You look cute in it Duggeh.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #2,624 of 6,026
SWEET MERCIFUL JESUS.

Aug 26, 2006 at 11:32 PM Post #2,625 of 6,026

Well I grew up on vinyl. Lost track of it during middle school, caught all up in the cassette and dolby stuff. Then in high school/college, it was all about the DJ! After that CDs pretty much took over, then more recently the computer as source. I dabbled in some cheapo tables here and there but mostly gave them away, never hit the spark of my first allure with em. But Immtbiker did a mutually beneficial swap and I got the nicest table/cart I ever owned (see sig!). What did this mean? Time to dive into the bargain bins!

DSC001311.JPG

Here's what I got from my first foray today. I only had five bucks on me, so I had to pass up the pristine Genesis, King Crimson and Yes albums on tap to get these back to back post punk underrated English pop gems - Elvis Costello's "Armed Forces" and Squeeze's "Argybargy." The Music? Aggressive and Ethereal. Oh, the sound quality was good too.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back