BEER ME!
May 28, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #136 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
I had Guiness in the south-Dublin, it tasted the same as over here-N.America.

This wasn't the case for me. The Guinness in Ireland was much smoother then here in the US. Maybe it was the air
biggrin.gif

Did you wait for the Guinness to settle before taking your first sip?
The locals were giving me the evil eye as I didn't know any better.

May 28, 2004 at 10:39 PM Post #137 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by utep10
This wasn't the case for me. The Guinness in Ireland was much smoother then here in the US. Maybe it was the air
biggrin.gif

There you go. I was an old hand at Guinness long before I got there. It might have been the air...different brand of cigarette smoke filling the pubs.
wink.gif

May 29, 2004 at 6:42 AM Post #138 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by utep10
biggrin.gif

I've also heard the same comments from friends and co-workers who visited Ireland and had Guinness. They all said that Guinness tasted much better and smoother than the one that is available in the US.

May 29, 2004 at 8:16 AM Post #139 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
I've also heard the same comments from friends and co-workers who visited Ireland and had Guinness. They all said that Guinness tasted much better and smoother than the one that is available in the US.

Guinness is a tough one. Should have seen the reaction when they first announced Guinness in cans..
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2004 at 1:16 PM Post #140 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Guinness is a tough one. Should have seen the reaction when they first announced Guinness in cans..
biggrin.gif

With the semi-explosive device at the bottom of the can that rattles around after?
icon10.gif

15 years ago a giant Canadian brewery was licensed to brew Guinness and it was awful. Barely resembled actual Guinness. Jamaican Guinness was also different from the original. Marketing variations at the time?

I think the present canned pint (grenade) Guinness is fine.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 30, 2004 at 11:30 AM Post #141 of 182
Guinness in the cans (and bottles) with the widget sells well in my area.
icon10.gif
'Makes a nice Black & Tan, too! Or; Half & Half.
icon10.gif

May 31, 2004 at 9:43 AM Post #142 of 182
Director's when I visit Merry Olde, Black Dog Ale while I am here, Porters and Stouts mostly, with Mirror Pond for variety..........Guinness is OK here in the cans, but seemed better over there...

Any Head-Fi or Kiting or Shooting friend visits, I take him/her to a nearby 1920's roadhouse for whatever 30 or so Microbrews they have on tap...never a dull moment....

These are a few of my faves...

Seems like the closer it looks to Harley drainings, the better I like it!

May 31, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #144 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeldarb
Is20 - don't knock Guinness until you have tried it over here in Ireland.

The guinness served in ireland is from the same guiness draught batch we get here but its kept cooler throughout its life

its the stout and extra stout i dont like

May 31, 2004 at 7:23 PM Post #145 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
With the semi-explosive device at the bottom of the can that rattles around after?
icon10.gif

15 years ago a giant Canadian brewery was licensed to brew Guinness and it was awful. Barely resembled actual Guinness. Jamaican Guinness was also different from the original. Marketing variations at the time?

I think the present canned pint (grenade) Guinness is fine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, that's the one!!
biggrin.gif
Quite an ingenious invention, actually..
smily_headphones1.gif

May 31, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #146 of 182
my current favorite is Tequiza - its flavored with blue agave nectar and lime and is very refreshing and dangerously easy to drink!

if i had the choice i'd be drinking Black Macs, but i can only get that in NZ (
frown.gif
)

Jun 1, 2004 at 2:32 AM Post #148 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Yep, that's the one!!
biggrin.gif
Quite an ingenious invention, actually..
smily_headphones1.gif

I've never had Guinness on tap in Ireland; some day.....
The sprizting foam Guinness in both cans and bottles is very different from the regular bottled stuff, even the regular bottled stuff in Europe. The carbonation is all dissipated so it has no bite....I like it both ways.
biggrin.gif

I just quaffed a Mackeson's stout. Nice body, but a little too sweet.
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #149 of 182
Over the weekend I kicked it into high gear. I tried (several) Alaskan Amber Summer Ale. Very good. Alaskan Amber Alt Beer. Very good, if not better. Guinness Extra Stout. This one was great! It goes down quick. And, I re-tried Coors Light. Not nearly as bad as I remember. I also had a regular old Budweiser. Not actually that bad.

In short, now I consider myself a beer drinker. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but I went from not liking it at all to enjoying every one of them. Don't worry, it was all in moderation too. The most I had was four, and that was over a few hours.
cool.gif

Thanks again for all the responses. I swear the search did not turn much up when I first typed in "beer"
confused.gif

Jun 1, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #150 of 182
yeah i saw on the first page some one mention Natty Bo. AHAH, man try that and it might make you hate beer agian, its definalty the WORST.BEER.EVER.

but then agian its only 11$ for a 30 pack.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back