BEER ME!
May 27, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #121 of 182
Is20 - don't knock Guinness until you have tried it over here in Ireland.

I like Smithwicks - brewed here, Owd Roger, Bishops Tipple and especially Fullers London Pride. A brewery is Wales also does a brilliant ale called Double Dragon - well worth a pint or two.

The best name for a beer I saw on the back of a brewery van was The Dog's Bollocks. I couldn't believe what I was reading and nearly ran into the back of the van.

The worst beer I ever tasted was some South African stuff I had in St Helena on the way back from the Falklands. It tasted foul and gave a serious hangover after little enjoyment.

Cheers

May 27, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #122 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeldarb

I like Smithwicks - brewed here, Owd Roger, Bishops Tipple and especially Fullers London Pride. A brewery is Wales also does a brilliant ale called Double Dragon - well worth a pint or two.

The best name for a beer I saw on the back of a brewery van was The Dog's Bollocks. I couldn't believe what I was reading and nearly ran into the back of the van.

The worst beer I ever tasted was some South African stuff I had in St Helena on the way back from the Falklands. It tasted foul and gave a serious hangover after little enjoyment.

Cheers

I love Guinness, and here is one of my favorite spots in Memphis.

http://www.danmcguinnesspub.com/

May 27, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #123 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by AGR
I love Guinness, and here is one of my favorite spots in Memphis.

http://www.danmcguinnesspub.com/

Hmm..looks like a cool place!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 27, 2004 at 10:05 PM Post #125 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by AGR
It is! It's the real deal, too! Did you see the photo taken of me on my website at "Nine Fine Irishmen" in Las Vegas?

Check it out!!

http://208.244.91.54/photos_out_about.html

Nice. Looks like a real Irish bar..

May 27, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #127 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Nice. Looks like a real Irish bar..

Indeed! Both Dan McGuinness and Nine Fine Irishmen are part of the same company. They are built in Ireland, deconstructed, and then shipped to their destination, and rebuilt!

May 28, 2004 at 12:15 AM Post #128 of 182
I'm wishing I was back in Quebec City at Saint Alexandre's Pub. Had a wonderful time there with some friends. We had just missed the ice sculptures but it was still cold!!

I'll vote for Rogue, Dead Guy Ale as my current favorite.

Number next would be The Shipyard Brewing Company in Maine, Old Thumper and their winter ale, so good.

I really enjoyed Sam Adams' Scotch Ale which has sadly been missing from their lineup for too long a time.

May 28, 2004 at 12:55 AM Post #129 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick danger
I'm wishing I was back in Quebec City at Saint Alexandre's Pub. Had a wonderful time there with some friends. We had just missed the ice sculptures but it was still cold!!

I'll vote for Rogue, Dead Guy Ale as my current favorite.

Number next would be The Shipyard Brewing Company in Maine, Old Thumper and their winter ale, so good.

I really enjoyed Sam Adams' Scotch Ale which has sadly been missing from their lineup for too long a time.

[size=xx-large]you ready for this???[/size]

Here are some past license plates!! I LOVE DEAD GUY ALE!
47b3db36b3127cce886f1792f8f30000001610

May 28, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #130 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick danger

Hi nick,

But I'm still here....
biggrin.gif
Sorry for the cold even we the «people from the cold» don't like it that much. I strongly suggest that you come back during summer to fully appreciate your visit. If you choose to do that PM in advance I'll pay the first one...

Amicalement

May 28, 2004 at 8:54 AM Post #131 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeldarb

I had Guiness in the south-Dublin, it tasted the same as over here-N.America. But I couldn't understand why Jamesons Whiskey (distilled in Dublin) was more expensive in Dublin than N.America?

May 28, 2004 at 12:32 PM Post #132 of 182
I'm surprised none of the Ozzies here have chirped in with this one:
wink.gif

AU-Castlemaine_XXXX_Bitter_Ale_405_mm_bank_can.jpg

May 28, 2004 at 3:13 PM Post #133 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
I'm surprised none of the Ozzies here have chirped in with this one:
wink.gif

AU-Castlemaine_XXXX_Bitter_Ale_405_mm_bank_can.jpg

I do enjoy a good bitter. I have not had that one, however.

May 28, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #134 of 182
OK, I haven't read the whole thread, so I may be repeating someone else's preferences...but probably not.

I am in the USA, and have two favorites:

1) Berliner Kindelweiss - a "light" wheat beer from Germany, with a hint of citrus aftertaste. 'Kindel' I gather means 'children,' so I guess one could infer this is beer for kids
tongue.gif

2) Abita Springs 'Turbo Dog' - a US (Louisiana) brew, dark in color like a Porter, but lighter in density, and tastes like a good bitter amber.

Don't drink much at all these days, and each of the above is tough to find where I am (Berliner Kindelweiss keeps losing the distributorship here). But, as Homer Simpson is wont to say: mmmmmmm....beer !

May 28, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #135 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by skullguise
OK, I haven't read the whole thread, so I may be repeating someone else's preferences...but probably not.

I am in the USA, and have two favorites:

1) Berliner Kindelweiss - a "light" wheat beer from Germany, with a hint of citrus aftertaste. 'Kindel' I gather means 'children,' so I guess one could infer this is beer for kids
tongue.gif

2) Abita Springs 'Turbo Dog' - a US (Louisiana) brew, dark in color like a Porter, but lighter in density, and tastes like a good bitter amber.

Don't drink much at all these days, and each of the above is tough to find where I am (Berliner Kindelweiss keeps losing the distributorship here). But, as Homer Simpson is wont to say: mmmmmmm....beer !

Cool!
.............Actually; Abita's Turbo Dog is from a recipe from Northamptom Brewery in Northampton, MA. I drank it there. It is called; Old Brown Dog at the brewpub.

http://www.northamptonbrewery.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back