Been Going crazy!!
Jan 31, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #32 of 44
Feb 1, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #34 of 44
Don't listen to the guys at Long & Mcquade. A bunch of them know a decent little bit regarding guitars and amps, but they're not exactly experts... nor audiophiles apparently.

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #41 of 44
It get's better. Your can's need some time to better meld the music together. A "warmth" and more flow will be noticable. I remember the moment my 238's were burnt in, I've yet to notice a definite difference in my 125's. You may or may not notice the exact moment your headphones are burned in but after a while of listening you'll be able to tell that SOMETHING changed over the course of you owning them. It's for the better. Congrats man.

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #42 of 44
Definitely better.  Typically, everything seems to tighten up a bit and calm down.  I will tell you what, when I got my HD 595s, out of the box they were why did I pay $140 on this?!?  After about 80 hours of burn in, I was wondering why did I not pay MORE.

Quote:
Quote:
You have to remember though, in about 50-80 hours, the sound will definitely change as they get burnt in.  Although luckily, it is almost always for the better.

Quote:
Got my M50s today, pretty impressive :)

Wat exactly do you mean, when you say burnt in? like the sound gets better or worse?

Mar 9, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #43 of 44
huh, funny about what sellers says... in fact, monitoring headphones are much better than the rest..... anyway, for adding, burn in is a process that makes the speaker itself, i mean the membran be movable and used to music... this is the main ideea.... the sound may change in good, or in bad, is discutable by tastes, typically it gets better...

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #44 of 44
You want headphones which provide thick, rich, thumping bass which still retains great sound quality? Phiaton MS 400, look no further. I had the chance to listen to both the M50 and the MS400 the other day, and I enjoyed the MS400 far more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back