Beats Pro Or Beats Studio
Sep 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #32 of 38
The Pro isn't a bad headphone, it's just that there's so much better out there for the money. You're also a 'stone's throw' away from specacular sound in price-- HiFiman HE-400 & 500, Sennheiser HD-650s, Beyerdynamic T-70s, AKG-550s-- These are all major contenders on most Head-Fier's short lists-- and they're in the ballpark of the Beats Pro price.  The studio is defintely more comfy than the pro, the pro sounds better than the studio. 

As mentioned-- you can also look to the Audio Technica AT-50, which is much better balanced (and even come in white like the Beats!).

I actually like the Beats Tour in-ears for watching movies-- the extra bass is awesome for rumbling movie and tv audio. 

But again-- be wary-- the fakes are so close in looks-- you really wouldn't know you had a fake until you listen to them.  Even the packaging is identical.  Fortunately my eBay seller said-- "Oh really?  I'm sorry, send them back and I'll refund."  There are a few youtube clips on how to spot a fake set of Beats. 

Sep 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #33 of 38
If you just want to impress the kids at show and tell and are closed to other suggestions then buy counterfeit Beats, save some money.

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #34 of 38
Although the beat pros have a metal build, it have a HUGE design flaw. The cable that links the two drivers together is very thin and poor quality, I've seen many cable between the headband snap and you're screwed. Its easily broken due to its twisting mechanism right next to the cable and its exposed from outside. Hugely overpriced and overrated. They will not withstand any studio environment and will certainly break sooner than you think! My M50 and D2000 beat them in every way.

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #37 of 38
IMHO,
beats pro + full-size amplifier -> incredible awful sound (over bassed, recessed mid and treble, unclear and muddy)
beats pro + Walkman-Z -> very nice sound (powerful bass without excess, bright mid and treble)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back