Beats Pro Or Beats Studio
Mar 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #16 of 38
Definitely the Pros then. Actually, I'd go as far as taking them over an M50 at around $160-200, depending on where in the world. Out of all seriousness, the Pros are actually pretty good once fairly priced.
Anyways....*puts flame suit on*.

Mar 12, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #21 of 38
What he said. If you think it sounds great on the final mix through your headphones, the actual sound will have too little bass because you hear more bass through Beats than is in the actual recording. I knew a DJ once who used the Pros at an event and had complaints afterwards that there was no bass at all coming though the speakers. He switched quite quickly to flat headphones after that.

Mar 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #22 of 38
Most of the Best Buys I've been into have both the Beats models you're asking about on display. You should be able to compare them.

But, like someone else mentioned before, there are a lot of fakes out there. I mean, very authentic-looking fakes. So, a good deal may not be a good deal at all. They replicate the molding, the packaging, etc. There are videos online for how to spot fakes, and Beats website has a page where you can punch in serial numbers to see if they're authentic Beats.

Anyway, since you said that you don't want to hear about going with other, better sounding headphones, I will keep my mouth shut from here on out.   
L3000.gif

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #23 of 38
That's what I said until I heard LCD2, that's when I sold my beats to highschool kids. :)

I never said I was listening to them, I was only wearing them. They're kinda cool, with the Superman colors and emblem. It's really too bad about the sound, or I'd like em.

Mar 13, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #24 of 38

I never said I was listening to them, I was only wearing them. They're kinda cool, with the Superman colors and emblem. It's really too bad about the sound, or I'd like em.

Ok that's better, I was wondering how can you rate Beats as "not bad" headphone when I see Denon AH-D7000 in your inventory :wink:. Ya beats are good for fashion purpose for kids, but pretty expensive plastic teens jewelry.

Mar 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #25 of 38

Quote:

Ok that's better, I was wondering how can you rate Beats as "not bad" headphone when I see Denon AH-D7000 in your inventory :wink:.Ya beats are good for fashion purpose for kids, but pretty expensive plastic teens jewelry.

Haha, yeah, I was wondering that too, especially when you compare the D7000's bass

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #27 of 38

If only you got ultrasones. Better sound for less, even at $250

Ya I was thinking about getting UE8 but instead going for JH16 Pro it's more practical for portable use. For home/office I use open headphones :wink:

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #29 of 38
I used to bring my HD600 to work...but then I realized it's useless listening to open headphones in an automotive restoration shop. Also, I realized that I was too broke to get another HD600 if they were damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back