Beats Pro (I want to borrow them) Any takers?
Sep 19, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #31 of 41
Well, I had a proper audition with them while in Hong Kong, driven from my D12 setup they really sound unbalanced. There is a lot of bass there, it covers the mids slightly but still bearable. Treble is somewhat present with little sparkle if at all. The main thing I don't like is the bass impact, yeah you heard me right, bass impact. The bass is so slow and floppy, with them I can barely make out each drum hits from the constant boom. Maybe it is a display of lack of dynamic range. While the build is actually pretty solid, I would recommend to stay well away from them if they are at that price.

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #34 of 41
I owned the pros before I got to this website. From my recollection I liked them because of the bass quantity. Were they good for the price? I feel like my denon 2000s stack up well with what I remember of the pros. Sadly I don't have them to lend as I returned them a long time ago.

Best of luck borrowing a pair. I bought them from best buy and returned them there, they gave me store credit for them so keep that in mind. They might hassle you if you want cash.

Sep 20, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #35 of 41
why are you wasting time with Beats Pro ? seriously.

I had Studio and Pro and they are such garbage headphones.  Trust me.

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #36 of 41

Quote:

While the Pros are most likely garbage like you said (No place to test them where I am), it doesn't mean a review proving it (again) would hurt.  
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #37 of 41

Quote:

Heya,

Because I'd simply still like to know? I like to try headphones good or bad. Largely because, I don't trust something that is universally heralded nor hated by the internet.

Very best,

Sep 20, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #38 of 41
Heya,

I'd actually also like to try the Souls too if they're released.

Very best,

I heard the Souls, they are not bassy as the Beats, but overall the sound is even more meh than the Pros.

Sep 20, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #39 of 41
I have to commend MalVeauX on wanting to form his own opinions on such controversial headphones instead of going by Internet hearsay.

Even if he does find them to be crap, it's because of HIS experiences with them, not anyone else's. Nothing beats first-hand experience, especially with audio equipment, and even better, first-hand experience in a more controlled environment with good source gear. Also, I'm sure he's like me and doesn't find it right to vouch for or against a headphone he has absolutely no experience with and is thus unqualified to speak about.

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #40 of 41
i have heard the beats pro, not on super good equipment, but long enough to draw some conclusions. 

1- definitely overpriced (i would price these cans around the 150$ price range, i would even push it to 200 but i won't because there are very good cans you can get at that price (grado, akg, senns).

2- bass isn't as strong as the beats studio (at least thats what i heard). less impact but also not as muddy.
3- mids are still recessed as hell but tend to be more detailed than the beats.
4- highs are rolled off and still not great, but they are better than the other 2 beats pairs.

they however, are still overpriced and shouldn't be looked at. beats pro are not portable like the other beats as they are bigger, thus they are more for at home use rather than on-the-move. in that case, other full-size headphones offer way more quality than the beats pro do at their price range (400USDish). at that price, you can easily get grado 325, hd 600/650, akg k701, ultrasones, dt 880/990s, d2000/d5000, all of which are way better deals for their prices.

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #41 of 41
TBH although I dont approve of or like brands such as monster etc. IF the headphones sounded amazing and were truly good value for money then I would not bash them...

I am not sure why you are so interested in them because they clearly dont sound particularily good and are also horribly overpriced, ugly looking, celebrity hyped up mediocreness.

If they were bashed because they were sued by celebrities / made by monster etc. BUT were widely regarded as sounding exceptional THEN I would understand why you wanted to try them but they dont lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back