Beats or Bose???
Jun 23, 2010 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

JamesDaFreak

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I Want To Get A New Headphone

I've Been Planning For It Since 5 Months Ago

Which Is Better??

Beats By Dr. Dre Studio or Bose QuietComfort 15???
Beats By Dr. Dre Solo HD or Bose QuietComfort 3???

I Listen To Electronic, Pop, Hip Hop, and Jazz

Thanks!!

Jun 23, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 37
I hope you're actually not being serious, but if you are, neither

Just buy some M50s and be done with it :)

Jun 23, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #4 of 37
My father used to have a pair of QuietComfort 2 that was utter trash. But recently I listened to a pair of QC3(whatever the latest version) and it was much better.

Personally I'd base the decision on warranty and look preference. I prefer the sound of Bose but it's not by a whole lot.

And don't listen to anybody else if you are set on those 2 brands, it's what makes you happy. People can talk about the merit of Grado all day to me and I'll never by a pair.

Jun 23, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #8 of 37
Bose never came to Canjam 2010 (did they ever?). It's kinda ironic though considering the general audience considers Bose as the premium headphones. You wonder why. Hey at least Monster came. That's better than nothing for them right? Bose must really be ashamed to show their faces at Canjam; that alone might explain how bad their headphones really are for them not to come! I wouldn't mind it if they did come.

Why not try Audio-Technica M50? I assume you care about sound quality and price?

Jun 23, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #9 of 37
You've been on Head-Fi for 5 months????
Have you even bothered to read any of the threads?

Jun 23, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #10 of 37

Quote:
You've been on Head-Fi for 5 months????
Have you even bothered to read any of the threads?

Well he bothered to make a thread asking what to get a couple months ago.

Jun 23, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #11 of 37
Bose. They work better at being a paper weight, the beats are too light and fragile.

Jun 23, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #13 of 37

Quote:
Bose. They work better at being a paper weight, the beats are too light and fragile.

I disagree. Monster. They are prettier paper weights that can also massage your forehead.

To the OP: you type like an Ebay seller

Jun 23, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #15 of 37
First of all, you best be trollin'

Second, If you want ANC headphones, get the ATH-ANC7b, but you do know that ANC headphones are designed to cancel the noise of a constant sound ( like a jet engine) and nothing more? Otherwise, get the ATH-M50s. Well regarded headphones with an awesome price, and they look good too
biggrin.gif
. Remember, it's Bose: Better Sound Through Marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back