Beats or any other suggestions for 200-300 USD?
May 9, 2011 at 8:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Isyace

Head-Fier
Does anyone own or have a suggestion for a portable good quality pair of headphones for 200-300 dollars. Also whats a good cheap mp3 player around 32 gb and 200 dollars.
Cheers

May 9, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #2 of 15
I'd say Phiaton MS 400 @ ~$180'ish or so for portable use due to the design/easy driven specs (no amp required) and has quite strong bass presence but mids and highs aren't that bad, highs are a little bit recessed which gives it a warmer sound signature. Comes in both red/black and all black color scheme.

As far as player goes I'd say Cowon S9 32GB or Cowon J3 16GB if you could live with that capacity, both are around same price, just a bit above $200 mark at the cheaper places if you look around the net.

May 9, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 15
Iswace, there are plenty of topics on this. Please look around, and Welcome to Head-Fi
bigsmile_face.gif

May 9, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #4 of 15
HFI-580/780.  Good isolation, easy to drive, nice response when you're not looking for analytical detail retrieval and ruler-flat FR.

May 9, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #6 of 15
S:Flo2, Cowon D2, Samsung P3 and the headphones like Klipsch Image ONE, Ultrasone HFI780, Bose QC 15.

May 9, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #7 of 15
May 9, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #8 of 15
Ultrasone HFI-580 is only 150 dollars and is better than the Beats line of headphones.  I wish everyone who was thinking of buying Beats at least listened to the HFI 580 first, and then maybe they wouldn't be such a phenomenon. 

May 9, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #9 of 15
I'm sorry, OP, but this is going to be off topic but I felt it must be said.

I really hate that thread. Yeah, it consolidates the annoying "OMGz there are other hedfonez instead of beetz?!" posts for us regulars (albeit, only slightly), but my experience is it is a bloated trash bin rather than a well organized cabinet for inquiry. I posted in there a few times in my search for new headphones and every time I never once received a response. Perhaps the thread should be expanded into its own sub-forum which may help answer the questions posed therein, but in its current form it's only a place for those who do not want to answer questions to tell other people to post their questions.

OP, I don't have any experience with headphones in your price range so I cannot suggest to you a suitable alternative, however, welcome to head-fi and, as they say: "sorry about your wallet."
Quote:
As opposed to starting a new thread asking for advice, it is recommended to post your questions in this "Standard" thread.  Thank you.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/529144/buying-headphones-seeking-guidance-don-t-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

May 9, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #10 of 15

I agree with Borgbox.  That huge thread is quite difficult to get advice from unless you are willing to read all 255 pages of it to see if anyone else requirements match your own, otherwise you are left to luck that your own requirements will spark the interest of readers of the thread to have a discussion. 

I think beginners should just post straight onto the headphones (full size) forum or a new forum should be created to help people get started in the world of audiophilia :)

Quote:
I'm sorry, OP, but this is going to be off topic but I felt it must be said.

I really hate that thread. Yeah, it consolidates the annoying "OMGz there are other hedfonez instead of beetz?!" posts for us regulars (albeit, only slightly), but my experience is it is a bloated trash bin rather than a well organized cabinet for inquiry. I posted in there a few times in my search for new headphones and every time I never once received a response. Perhaps the thread should be expanded into its own sub-forum which may help answer the questions posed therein, but in its current form it's only a place for those who do not want to answer questions to tell other people to post their questions.

OP, I don't have any experience with headphones in your price range so I cannot suggest to you a suitable alternative, however, welcome to head-fi and, as they say: "sorry about your wallet."

May 9, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #11 of 15

Quote:
I agree with Borgbox.  That huge thread is quite difficult to get advice from unless you are willing to read all 255 pages of it to see if anyone else requirements match your own, otherwise you are left to luck that your own requirements will spark the interest of readers of the thread to have a discussion. 

I think beginners should just post straight onto the headphones (full size) forum or a new forum should be created to help people get started in the world of audiophilia :)

Well, then there's always the search feature.  There are numerous threads where one can find their answers without having to go through 255 pages.  Using various combination of searches usually works quite well to achieve one's answers.  As it is, this forum is getting pretty slow to navigate and I suspect it's probably bloating at the seams.  Hopefully, something to improve the performance will be in order.  But, in the meantime, opening new threads for trivial items seems like such a burden for our forum.

I usually don't vent a lot.  Please accept my apologies if you don't like it.  However, I feel as though I love to come here to contribute and keep the positive movement going.  However, we're all facing a time crunch.  I can see where it would be convenient to quickly post a thread and hope all will respond.  But, this seems to happen on a weekly basis or more - and, usually on quite similar topics. 
wink.gif

May 9, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #13 of 15

Same here.

That thread Is just so unorganized it's impossible to answer people's questions

I think it's actually much better to start a new thread for a question because u get the most replies from it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back