Beats on display......
Jan 4, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #31 of 40
This pretty much sums it up hahahaha.  evidently there is a new model out that is supposed to be super flexible.  I watched some DJ trying to sell people on them on some commercial and you could hear them rattling while he was bending the headband.  They are still junk.  

Jan 4, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #33 of 40
I Dislike best buy, tried the solos*because they didn't have them at 32 ohm audio* and the guy tried to sell me a 400$ gaming headset saying its like nothing I have ever herd, took a listen and laughed as I walked away my HD448 sounded better.

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #36 of 40

Quote:
Quote:
At this point I would advise anyone contemplating purchasing any of the Beats™ line to pay full price. DO NOT  purchase any "open package" or "demo" pairs! HAHA!

Seriously, If I see a bunch of people throwing up outside of a restaurant I usually think twice about eating there. That is unless I just really want to be seen with all the "cool" bulimics.

-Dogwan

Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous what people do to fit in. Buy headphones that are essentially already broken, go to restaurants with disgusting food, etc etc etc.

What exactly are these people doing to fit in?

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #37 of 40
Jan 4, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #39 of 40
Here, I'll shed some light on this. I was unfortunate enough to be sucked into the marketing of the Beats. I purchased some Studios at BestBuy in NYC this summer. Soon after, I realized that this couldn't be the best and did some research. I'm about to purchase some AT M50's and I'm looking into amps, a DAC, and a better sound card for my comp. I know about 10 people who purchased Beats these holidays. The main reason is, people think that these are the best of the best. No one knows about Sennheisers or Denons because they're not sold at their local electronic store. By the way, the main reason people buy the Beats is the intangible 'it' factor. I just feel bad that I was sucked into it :p 

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #40 of 40

Quote:
Here, I'll shed some light on this. I was unfortunate enough to be sucked into the marketing of the Beats. I purchased some Studios at BestBuy in NYC this summer. Soon after, I realized that this couldn't be the best and did some research. I'm about to purchase some AT M50's and I'm looking into amps, a DAC, and a better sound card for my comp. I know about 10 people who purchased Beats these holidays. The main reason is, people think that these are the best of the best. No one knows about Sennheisers or Denons because they're not sold at their local electronic store. By the way, the main reason people buy the Beats is the intangible 'it' factor. I just feel bad that I was sucked into it :p 

Exactly. I joined head-fi after listening to beats trying to find better options. Bought a pair of D2000's off amazon and gotta say I'm pretty happy :).

Sorry you didn't find Head-Fi sooner  
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back