Beats Mixr Vs Beats Studio... Opinions Out Of The Two?
Oct 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #47 of 94
I dislike both choices but if I had to go with one the Mixr set will be a lot sturdier since they have an aluminum frame vs the cheap plastic on the Studios.

Also, I have no idea what the post above this means.

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #48 of 94
Mixr are really good phones much better than the studios in SQ. They do clamp down hard on your noggin but you can help this by stretching the headband on the box. The band seems like it would snap but it's pretty durable the hinges on the sides are the problem as they get loose. In terms of SQ they are on the same level or a bit better than the v moda m80 and about on par with the ath m50 with less details. 

I've owned the Solo HD (which I'm not proud of) and my brother in law is a moron and beilives beats are "bad A". What I can tell you from hearing them:

Mixr: Probably the best SQ out of these Schiity headphones, but honestly they break easily and the VModa M80's as said early will sound better.

Studios: Stupid. Nuff Said.

Solo HD: Sound like SCHIIT compared to my (now recently sold) Sony MDR-V6,: Solo's have overbloated bass, awful trebble, and IMO are even more uncomfortable than LCD-2!

Honestly OP, your killing me! Grado SR80i's are only $99 and sound around 10 times better than ALL of the beats lineup!

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #49 of 94
Quote:
+1 There are some pretty darn good fakes out there that sound identical and have minor aesthetic differences.

Got one from China for $20. 

My impressions: 

Pros: 
- Same sub-standard muddy sound as the real Beats! 
- Same boomy bass! 
- Same flimsy "anti-scratch" plastic as genuine counterpart! 
- Comes with 2 thick cables, just like real Beats! 
- Discount of $280! 
- No batteries needed to waste on poor quality sound! 

Cons: 
- Grammar issues on the box ("People arent hearing all the musik")
- No case or cleaning cloth 
- Because it doesn't use batteries, you don't get any for free. =( 

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #50 of 94
Hah, so the fakes are a better bargain, I gather.

Oct 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #52 of 94
Leave it to Head-Fi to completely ignore the OP. Which part of "Please don't go suggesting any other audiophile phones" did you guys not understand?

To OP, do you want an on-ear set or an over-ear set that requires batteries? If sound wasn't a main concern nor price, I'd just choose based on comfort and looks.

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #53 of 94
Leave it to Head-Fi to completely ignore the OP. Which part of "Please don't go suggesting any other audiophile phones
" did you guys not understand?

To OP, do you want an on-ear set or an over-ear set that requires batteries? If sound wasn't a main concern nor price, I'd just choose based on comfort and looks.

People are just trying to help him jeez! After all why waste your money on $300 dollar Beats when you can get some Grado SR80i for $99 that will sound better and have around the same level of comfort. The OP should go to a forum dedicated to audio idiots like Yahoo Answers lol. Then he will find people recommending the Beats lineup.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #54 of 94
Well, technically no one is helping the OP anymore since... well, last log on was 5 months ago.
Either got what he wanted and left, or just despaired at how just about everyone was suggesting him other things (when he said again and after he's not currently considering any other brands).

So we may as well stop posting here until another fellow with the exact same question comes in.

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #55 of 94
Quote:
Well, technically no one is helping the OP anymore since... well, last log on was 5 months ago.
Either got what he wanted and left, or just despaired at how just about everyone was suggesting him other things (when he said again and after he's not currently considering any other brands).

So we may as well stop posting here until another fellow with the exact same question comes in.

yeah the majority of the people who posted on here were being asses (sonicboom especially). i don't understand why people are such illiterate and condescending know-it-alls online.

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #57 of 94
IMHO, taking all things into account, I'd rate the beats line as follows.

Solo HD>Studio>Mixr>Executive>Pro

I only enjoy the Solo HD even in the slightest for their fun SS when handling dubstep

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #59 of 94
Quote:
Go with the fakes if you want the look. Impress 4th graders without breaking the bank. SWAG AHOY!

With the kind of swag beats give you you'll be pulling more 4th graders than legoland

x2     
deadhorse.gif

And what is with the totally illiterate 4th graders in this thread, that can't pull two words together let alone a lucid sentence?

Nov 2, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #60 of 94
Quote:

Got one from China for $20. 

My impressions: 

Pros: 
- Same sub-standard muddy sound as the real Beats! 
- Same boomy bass! 
- Same flimsy "anti-scratch" plastic as genuine counterpart! 
- Comes with 2 thick cables, just like real Beats! 
- Discount of $280! 
- No batteries needed to waste on poor quality sound! 

Cons: 
- Grammar issues on the box ("People arent hearing all the musik")
- No case or cleaning cloth 
- Because it doesn't use batteries, you don't get any for free. =( 

From where I live, you can get fakes that can be mistaken for originals. Comes with all accessories, manuals and stuff. They even sound better than those originals sold in record bars, for $45. Even their serial numbers pass verification sometimes.
blink.gif

Kinda makes you think what these phones are actually worth. I own one Studio. For fun, and a little bit of style when I'm with rich friends. They can't tell the difference.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back