Beats Mixr Vs Beats Studio... Opinions Out Of The Two?
May 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #16 of 94
I think Mxr's are on-ear... I'm curious, why do you want to buy Beats headphones? I also agree that probably not many members on this forum own both or even one of these headphones.

May 16, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #17 of 94
It depends on what you want out of your headphones. Better sound quality: Mixr's. WAY more comfort: Studios. Decent-ish active noice cancellation: Studios. Good enough passive isolation: Mixr's. But yeah, I wanted beats first, then I discovered this website.... Back on topic, the Studios are one of the most comfortable headphones I have worn. The Mixr's however, are very uncomfortable. They feel kind of gross on my head, because they clamp a good amount and the cushions are really small and painful.

May 18, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #19 of 94
Seriously? 
Just looks like i'll have to try them to see if I don't like them before I make any decisions...

I might end up with studios. which I've heard aren't as good as Mixr's...

May 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #20 of 94
while Mixr are pretty sounding over studio in almost everything... the on-ear design and the super stiff headclamps turns me away...
like srsly... not gonna recommend anything but, the Grado SR325is with bowl pads are much more comfier than the Mixr...

Studio will be my final choice if you were to choose only these two... as I would choose comfort over sound first

May 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #21 of 94
Quote:
Seriously? 
Just looks like i'll have to try them to see if I don't like them before I make any decisions...

I might end up with studios. which I've heard aren't as good as Mixr's...

well if you are going too pick 1 of 2 incredibly overpriced headphones made for morons you might as well pick the most comfortable, both wont sound all that great anyway.

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #22 of 94
Studios are colored, Mixrs tend to be more accurate like the Pros.  I've tried all the available Beats full-sized cans and decided upon the Mixrs.
They sound good with audiophile equipment although I use them primarily for portable listening.
Overpriced? A bit

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #23 of 94
I'd go for Studio's also, and not simply for the comfort.

Mixrs (never personally auditioned this one btw) are said to have very high clamping force. Considering the common break-point about the beats construction, something with less clamp force is exerting less stress on the headband and should (or at least may be) provide a longer lasting life for the headphones.

I know mixrs use different constructions but they still apparently break along the headband or joint areas.

Still never saw a mixr demo in local stores :/ maybe they learned their lessons with all the broken demos. If you do intend on getting beats, treat them with care... don't outstretch it for no reason when you wear/take them off.

Jun 26, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #24 of 94
Quote:
Studios are colored, Mixrs tend to be more accurate like the Pros.  I've tried all the available Beats full-sized cans and decided upon the Mixrs.
They sound good with audiophile equipment although I use them primarily for portable listening.
Overpriced? A bit

please don't restart old threads

Aug 13, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #25 of 94
dude im about the same age as you and know where your comming from. Beats just are appealing, may not sound the best but look awesome! If your gonna get beats go for studios, mixrs are sooooooooooooo uncomfy!! In the store i couldnt wear them for more than a minute without my head acheing. And when i tryed them, the main thing i noticed in sound is studios have more bass.

Aug 13, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #26 of 94
Quote:
dude im about the same age as you and know where your comming from. Beats just are appealing, may not sound the best but look awesome! If your gonna get beats go for studios, mixrs are sooooooooooooo uncomfy!! In the store i couldnt wear them for more than a minute without my head acheing. And when i tryed them, the main thing i noticed in sound is studios have more bass.

The look nice indeed. I was thinking on implanting different drivers to the headphone housing 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #28 of 94
Quote:
haha if only the came out with like a studio hd which sounds great or cuts the prices of all there headphones i half...They would sell more and be liked by audiophiles more

No, they still are fairly ugly, break easily, have incredibly obnoxious marketing, and are produced by the biggest windbag in the audio business.

As for the OP, his tastes and direction are admittedly and clearly different than the ones that this forum takes, why is he asking us for advice in the first place?

You know what we are going to say, but you want to hear something else.

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #30 of 94
Buy fakes... for like $20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back