Beats???? Mehhh...other options??
Oct 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #18 of 38
Quote:
Are the M-100's easy to drive off a laptop or galaxy phone? 

i believe so, they are meant to be for portable street use anyway

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #21 of 38
Ugh, that's gonna be torture lol, but a sacrifice I am willing to make for better sound.

On the Rock Genre now, it may just be me but it seems like all areas are running together, and that the mids are drowning out the vocals!?

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #22 of 38
Quote:
Ugh, that's gonna be torture lol, but a sacrifice I am willing to make for better sound.

On the Rock Genre now, it may just be me but it seems like all areas are running together, and that the mids are drowning out the vocals!?

But the mids are were the vocals are? :p  But I dunno, with my limited time with the LP2 I noticed a bit of resonance in the midrange, but I don't hear any of that with the M-100s.  It could just be that there's so much bass it's somewhat covering everything up.  I'm sure that if you EQ'd the bass down a bit everything would sound a bit clearer.

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #23 of 38
Quote:
But the mids are were the vocals are? :p  But I dunno, with my limited time with the LP2 I noticed a bit of resonance in the midrange, but I don't hear any of that with the M-100s.  It could just be that there's so much bass it's somewhat covering everything up.  I'm sure that if you EQ'd the bass down a bit everything would sound a bit clearer.

You're right, sorry for the typo, I am multitasking way to much right now lol! 

To me these shine on hip-hop, but for rock it sounds like it all runs together! Listening from Spotify right now, so I may not even have the best avenue for music right now to fully comment on them. But after the talk of the M-100's, looks like I will move that way!

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

To me these shine on hip-hop, but for rock it sounds like it all runs together! Listening from Spotify right now, so I may not even have the best avenue for music right now to fully comment on them. But after the talk of the M-100's, looks like I will move that way!

I will agree that the LP2s aren't much good for anything but electronic music or hip-hop, anything mostly bass-oriented will sound great on them.  But anything vocal oriented, acoustic or anything that isn't bass heavy won't sound right.  I do like them for high energy dance music though!  But wouldn't use them for much anything else.

On the other hand, the M-100 is pretty good for pretty much anything.  It shines the most with bass heavy electronic music, but still does a really good job with acoustic or vocal music.

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #25 of 38
Grab a pair of Ultrasone hfi-580's with beyer dt250 velour pads and you're set, all for nearly half the price of the studios and at least two times better sounding. The m-100's should be a more comfortable and slightly better sounding alternative albeit at a higher price

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Spotify streams at 96kbps to 160kbps - low quality.  You should be listening to FLAC or WAV format or 320kbps at the least.

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #28 of 38
Quote:
Don't they also do 320kbps streams...?  I thought their highest quality ones were.

Spotify Premium does. Free is 160kbps OGG........good luck telling the difference between 160kbps OGG and FLAC, i can't, and i've tried. Heck, i can't even hardly tell 128kbps OGG from FLAC, only with some tracks.

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #29 of 38
Quote:
Spotify Premium does. Free is 160kbps OGG........good luck telling the difference between 160kbps OGG and FLAC, i can't, and i've tried. Heck, i can't even hardly tell 128kbps OGG from FLAC, only with some tracks.

On my system the one thing I consistently notice between 128 or 192 in comparison to lossless is that the lower bitrate files can't bring out the ambience of the track properly and it sounds more 2-D. 

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

On my system the one thing I consistently notice between 128 or 192 in comparison to lossless is that the lower bitrate files can't bring out the ambience of the track properly and it sounds more 2-D. 

with MP3 or OGG? OGG is a totally different beast. I can hear the difference between 192 mp3 and lossless, but not OGG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back