Beats IEMs ???
Mar 23, 2009 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

Drag0n

Headphoneus Supremus
Dont know if this was posted yet, but while looking at the Apple Store, i saw this:

Monster Beats In-Ear Headphones by Dr. Dre - Apple Store (U.S.)

Monster Beats In-Ear Headphones by Dr. Dre - $149.95
Hear what the artist hears and listen to the music the way you should. Beats Tour reveals the full sound of today’s digital music, including sonically demanding hip hop, rock, and R&B.

No more snarls and knots with tangle-free cable design
Precision response thanks to low mass, wide bandwidth driver
Sound-isolating eartips in multiple sizes provide a perfect fit to seal out noise
Duraflex protective cable jacket for maximum tangle resistance and durability
MicroStrand conductors to extend frequency response
Patented magnetic FluxTube for more natural audio reproduction
24K gold contacts that ensure maximum signal transfer and corrosion resistance
Rugged protective case for superior protection.

Overview
Beats Tour deliver sound so big, you would think you had speakers in your ears. Newly developed in-ear speaker technologies reproduce clear natural vocals, detailed highs, and deep powerful bass without distortion. Wired with high-performance Monster Cable, Beats Tour delivers sound performance never before achieved in any earphone.
Beats Tour also features the world’s first tangle-free earphone cable. While earphones are convenient, taking the time to untangle them is not. Beats Tour features Monster’s new innovative headphone cable that not only sounds great, but is completely tangle-free. So untangle less, and listen more.
World’s First Tangle-Free Cable
Normally Monster is all about the sound. But when it comes to the earphones people use everyday, they had to get rid of the annoying ritual of untangling your earbuds everytime you use your iPod. After ten years of research, they finally figured it out. Monster’s patent pending flat cable design with Duraflex jacket simply does the trick.
Hear What You’ve Been Missing
The audiophiles at Monster proudly present their newly developed ultra-fast speaker design delivering the full sound and details of today’s digital music with great clarity, natural vocals, and bass punch.
Get Low Get Low
It took Monster more than three years to develop the technology that gives Beats Tour bass so big, you’d think there’s a subwoofer in your head. It’s deep, club-like bass. Dr. Dre would have it no other way.
In-Ear Noise Isolation
Sealed in-ear design reduces external noise for a better music experience than traditional earbuds.
Play it Loud with Full Power
Most earphones don’t have the power to play music at the volume some music lovers prefer. Beats Tour large high-efficiency drivers and magnetic technology play loud without distortion. Hear everything no matter how loud the rest of the world is.
Monster XLN High-Performance Headphone Cable
Monster’s patented Magnetic flux tube and microstrand construction provides clear no loss audio and reduced interference to Beats Tour speaker drivers.
Designed for Apple Sound Check
The Sound Check feature on your iPod balances playback levels so all your music tracks play at a consistent volume. Beats Tour’s high-efficiency drivers ensure you can hear every note.
Custom Fit
Beats Tour includes three earbud cone tips and two triple layered tips for the most comfortable, secure fit, and best sound possible.
Protective Case
Compact rugged case for safe storage of Beats Tour and additional tips.
Specifications

Cable length: 3.94 ft./1.2 m
Weight: 0.71 oz./20 g
What’s in the Box

Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Tour headphones
Carrying case
Three pairs of standard Monster-designed eartips
Two pairs of different-sized triple-layer "Airlocks"
Quick start guide

Warranty
One-year limited
Mfr. Part No.: 123888-00
Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple’s Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #4 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, duh. All the top musicians use "Dr. Dre Beats". Clapton, Plant, Buble`, Jones, etc. [/sarcasm]

And what is with that hideous IDE ribbon cable? Ugh.

Look similar?
SATA_Data_Cable.jpg

TV219

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #5 of 43
I've looked at these in store at Future Shop. The cable isn't as large as a SATA cable but is definitely larger than normal earphone cables which may help it do what they claim, not get tangled up.

My concern with this headset was the shear size of the headphone itself which looks to be significant in comparison to most IEM's. I have read some reviews on the headset and they basically confirmed my fear in regards to the way they fit. Also the reviews I found had troubles with the sound signature of the phones as they really are designed for for the type of music Dr. Dre makes and the reviewers found thery weren't very good for anything else.

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #8 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the cable looks pretty sweet. And the casing....

This does not surprise me, coming from someone with an anime (or whatever those stupid things are called) avatars, and their profile location as "-heaven-".

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #9 of 43
Bought a pair for a gift. Took an opportunity to listen and returned them. Stock phones from Apple sound better in my opinion.

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #10 of 43
Quote:

This does not surprise me, coming from someone with an anime (or whatever those stupid things are called) avatars, and their profile location as "-heaven-".

You are judging people by avatar and location name? What? Is he not entitled to his own views? Also what's wrong with anime?

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadian.hobo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought a pair for a gift. Took an opportunity to listen and returned them. Stock phones from Apple sound better in my opinion.

What was the sound sig like?

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #11 of 43
Quote:

oh...did he offend you, didnt catch that one.

rolleyes.gif
who needs people like this around.

Mar 23, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #12 of 43
Quote:

dude i hope you dont look like your avatar
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #13 of 43
Quote:

Rude, to say the least!

Mar 23, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #14 of 43
Quote:

Well I don't care if whats his face does or not, but if you dis on chirno then you gonna have to deal with me!
tongue.gif

Seriously though, don't be so mean to (9)'s, they don't know any better.

EDIT: Oh, and I hope you enjoy a good portion of head-fi coming down on you like a ton of bricks. You might want to edit that post and ask for forgiveness now, brosef.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #15 of 43
Quote:

That was uncalled for.

What is wrong with anime?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back