Beats IEMs ???
Mar 23, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #16 of 43
People... relax. I wasn't trying to offend anyone, and I apologize if offense was taken. I made the comment because I assumed since Aiyo has anime as an avatar and the location as "heaven" that he/she must be young. Thus, a young person would probably like the SATA ribbon looking bright red cable on those "beats". Which brings me back to my point that I wasn't surprised Aiyo liked them.... maybe that was just too thick and layered for some of you.

I would be more than happy to discuss my thoughts on anime, but this thread is not the place for it and I would hate to derail it any further.

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was uncalled for.

What is wrong with anime?

Backed.

That wise-old saying "Don't judge a book by its cover" applies here, as well as with most other stuff in this forum, including most of our DAP setups, as even the most innocent-looking of them pack quite a punch to go along with their looks.

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #18 of 43
Well I am not exactly young, and kinda actually liked the look of the cables actually, I admit.
wink.gif

Still, different strokes for different folks I guess.

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People... relax. I wasn't trying to offend anyone, and I apologize if offense was taken. I made the comment because I assumed since Aiyo has anime as an avatar and the location as "heaven" that he/she must be young. Thus, a young person would probably like the SATA ribbon looking bright red cable on those "beats". Which brings me back to my point that I wasn't surprised Aiyo liked them.... maybe that was just too thick and layered for some of you.

I would be more than happy to discuss my thoughts on anime, but this thread is not the place for it and I would hate to derail it any further.

Looks like you beat me to posting my reply that I was working on, but since you explained what you really meant, you are both forgiven and/or vindicated.

Yeah, most of us kinda jump the gun when it comes to what we think, and it somehow gets misinterpreted. I must admit, my MO is kinda like that too sometimes.

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #20 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeh ok, lets leave it there, afterall it may get too thick and layered for some of us thick folk.

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #21 of 43
erm what happened???

did something happen between you two in a thread somewhere else?

seams a bit out of place.

oh and whats wrong with "anime" well the name is wrong with it. i dont speak japanese so i really dont see why it shouldnt just be called a cartoon like everything else.

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #22 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
erm what happened???

oh and whats wrong with "anime" well the name is wrong with it. i dont speak japanese so i really dont see why it shouldnt just be called a cartoon like everything else.

Quote:

Anime (アニメ ?, taken from half of the Japanese pronunciation of "animation"

Source: Anime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

erm what happened???

nah its nothing, he was trashing somebody for using anime in thier avatar and i questioned his action, and he explained why he said it which is fair enough i guess.

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #24 of 43
erm yes i know where it comes from and it a japanese linguistic convention to call it anime. the term in its usage in english now refers solely to this specific type and i think the more generic "cartoon" should really be used. one style or origin of animated films i dont think warrants genre specific terminology.

a spade should be called a spade

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #25 of 43
Quote:

erm yes i know where it comes from and it a japanese linguistic convention to call it anime. the term in its usage in english now refers solely to this specific type and i think the more generic "cartoon" should really be used. one style or origin of animated films i dont think warrants genre specific terminology.

a spade should be called a spade

unless its a shovel. which is a spade made for a different purpose.

anime is a type of cartoon. yes its a cartoon, but you cant call every cartoon a cartoon because there are styles.

you cant call every car a car, which is why they are seperated into types and catagories.

there are many types of animation, its all called animation but it is seperated into catagories ( genre ), such as stop motion, rotoscoping etc etc.

anime is the drawing style and indeed carries its own genre for this reason.
beerchug.gif

i should point out my girlfriend is an animation student at university and she tells me anime is drawn by a huge amount of students and the tutors for some reason detest it, heck if i know why.

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #26 of 43
Some people are conservative and dispise anything that doesn't conform to "old-fashion"/"this is how it's always been done" mindset. To each his own.

About the IEMs, this is sad b/c the hp were actually considered pretty good by some (might be b/c they thought they would suck). I like the red/black color scheme for personal reasons and wouldn't mind having them, but I think that the IEMs might of been released too fast to try to bum off the rep of its bigger brother. If anyone else has heard them, more info would be appreciated, thanks.

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #28 of 43
how many here have actually heard them? I have and i was impressed , overly deep bass but the mids and highs were well balanced , i only listened to one album with them (soundtrack to requiem for a dream) but i havent heard it better and that includes my Custom 2s and shure se310s.

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #29 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nah its nothing, he was trashing somebody for using anime in thier avatar and i questioned his action, and he explained why he said it which is fair enough i guess.

Umm... excuse me, Mr. Sensitivity.... my quote..

Quote:

This does not surprise me, coming from someone with an anime (or whatever those stupid things are called) avatars, and their profile location as "-heaven-".

That is hardly "trashing" anything. If that little whimsical comment ruffles your feathers enough to call it "trashing", I hate to see the day when someone REALLY rips you a new one. Because I'm afraid you'll never recover.

deadhorse.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #30 of 43
I also thought the comment was rude, and im not a kid.
You called anime stupid, and that had a reflection on what you thought of the owner of said avatar, and now youre trying to squirm out of it.

Nothing wrong with our "young" members either. You be surprised how many 13 and 14 year olds you talk to that are conducting themselves as adults, have better equipment than you, know more than you, and you cant even tell by their sentence structure and word usage that theyre "young".

And so what if that person wrote "heaven" as a place. Some people have a sense of humour, and if that person is young, he or she doesnt want you to know where they live.

There are many people on this forum with anime avatars.

Please be a better example to these "young" people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back