Beats IEMs ???
Mar 24, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #32 of 43
The company specifically said...."Were going to make a set of IEMs that will beat Deulce's se530!!!"
biggrin.gif

Its all you man!

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #33 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm... excuse me, Mr. Sensitivity.... my quote..

That is hardly "trashing" anything. If that little whimsical comment ruffles your feathers enough to call it "trashing", I hate to see the day when someone REALLY rips you a new one. Because I'm afraid you'll never recover.

deadhorse.gif

isn't your avatar an anime avatar?

Mar 24, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #35 of 43
Maybe, we should get on on topic and talk about the headphones in question. I mean, i'd like to know more about those headphones then about peoples opinions about avatars, maturity, and anime. We should leave that to the other sections of the forum.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #37 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unless its a shovel. which is a spade made for a different purpose.

anime is a type of cartoon. yes its a cartoon, but you cant call every cartoon a cartoon because there are styles.

you cant call every car a car, which is why they are seperated into types and catagories.

there are many types of animation, its all called animation but it is seperated into catagories ( genre ), such as stop motion, rotoscoping etc etc.

anime is the drawing style and indeed carries its own genre for this reason.
beerchug.gif

i should point out my girlfriend is an animation student at university and she tells me anime is drawn by a huge amount of students and the tutors for some reason detest it, heck if i know why.

respectfully, i dissagree.
beerchug.gif

i think the name gets used so 12 year can go "ooh im a big boy its not a cartoon its "anime" and thats for grown ups" a cartoons a cartoon.

not that i have anything against it, i used to really like some of it its just the name that annoys me.

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #39 of 43
come on guys, we're not here to talk about the good/ugly looking cable, you all off the topic. I tried this in J&R don't like them, too much focus on the low-end I meant the bass. and all they playing is rock and Rap music as sampling. I will put the word as "Fancy but not for HIFI". BTW I hate people saying these are used by famous stars. those are all gimmicks. Just about to wondering If they spend that much on the advertising, how much they really spend on the actual IEM.

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #40 of 43
trust me, monster spend a lot of time making the iem - though i have not heard the beats, they did the exhaustive research as any other hi-end company before bringing out the turbine and they hit it very well.

the preconception that rap and hip hop need nothing really to perform well other than bass is juvenile. i think this board is full of enough hip hop lovers to actually be able to comment. hifi is what the manufacturer makes. if it is focus on bass and treble, it is hifi, if it is focused on mids, it is hifi; if it is focused on treble it is still hifi. but each niche has its own market.

if you don't like the focus of the beats, it does not mean it is not hifi, it means that it does not fit your idea of good sound. further, all hi end companies market. monster use stars sometimes and other companies, use driver number and spec sheets to wow you.

it is no different. in the end, some people will buy based on endorsements and others will buy based on paper-spec. both are marketing schemes and both mean nothing until you actually hear them.

i may not like the beats (as i have not heard them) i am not able to comment on their sound but monster are unnecessarily beaten down here because of their name and... endorsements?

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #41 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
respectfully, i dissagree.
beerchug.gif

i think the name gets used so 12 year can go "ooh im a big boy its not a cartoon its "anime" and thats for grown ups" a cartoons a cartoon.

not that i have anything against it, i used to really like some of it its just the name that annoys me.

yep.
cartoons are cartoons
cars are cars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back