Beats by Dre
Sep 13, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #91 of 180

Quote:
Hmm. I ought to try to get my hands on a free pair of broken beats, maybe with a driver blown. Transplant oh say...Grado sr60/80 drivers into them? I wonder what bassheads would make of beats if I passed them off as very bright sounding headphones.
biggrin.gif
I bet most people would be turned away from them instantly and not buy beats later.
beyersmile.png

yea....don't do that. Grados need to be open other wise you lose about %80 of the sound, they get VERY muffled, bassless, and shrill...well shriller.Put some Ortho driver*fostex t50rp/40/20* they do really well in closed spaces, but I would suggest dampening the cups like no other.

Sep 13, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #92 of 180
I don't think people who own the beats lose sleep on whether or not they got the best headphones or not. But most head-fis probably go to bed thinking about their headphones, thinking about almost every aspect of it. Then again it all comes down to how much you love your audio.

Show out to my Pro 900s for now being my favorite headphones ever.  

Sep 13, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #93 of 180

Quote:
I don't think people who own the beats lose sleep on whether or not they got the best headphones or not. But most head-fis probably go to bed thinking about their headphones, thinking about almost every aspect of it. Then again it all comes down to how much you love your audio.

That's a given if you own a pair of Beats if you know what I mean

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #94 of 180

Quote:

I make passionate love to my headphones after I go to bed...

Sep 13, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #96 of 180
Re: Beats by Dre

Should I say more ?

Oh well I guess yes.

Wherever any product (generally, it's about any thing) needs so much of advertising, hyping, then the purpose usually is to compensate for, or to silence another area in which it fails.  Look around, you'll find examples just everywhere.

This is probably something hard to understand among most people on earth unfortunately.  But you know what, I'm jealous of them, and I think we all are -- minus masochists. 
tongue.gif

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #97 of 180

Quote:
You come here to audiophile forums, where people thrive on placebos and buy premium products beyond the point where the diminishing returns are still noticeable. You insult our way of life, request the shutdown of some of our favorite companies(hell I love cardas even though they make nothing useful). You quote me 3 times on the same phrase thinking you are funny in catching me say something that you think is stupid only to get some attention. Little did you know I did that to provoke exactly that reaction, a success I see.You assert that beats owners have lower average IQ, an insult arrogant as it is incorrect. And the funny thing is, this here is THE place where you will find lot's of people who spend tons of money for no apparent improvement. This is madness you say?

This IS HEAD-FI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL i think you need to relax a bit.... You have to admit your quote was pretty funny.... Personally I dont "waste" loads of money I buy stuff which is the best *bang for buck* before diminishing returns..... You seem VERY protective over BAD companies! Maybe you should learn more about stuff before making stupid comments! Spending loads on tube amps and headphones is cool though because they are searching for ultimate sound quality not ultimate "look at me im the kiddle with my beats on". Some lame media driven fashion statement.

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #98 of 180
Here is a challenge for all fans of monster and beats by dre products....

I challenge you to go onto the manufacturers website and find a product which cannot be purchased from another manufacturer that is the same or better performance for 1/2 the price.

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #99 of 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL i think you need to relax a bit.... You have to admit your quote was pretty funny.... Personally I dont "waste" loads of money I buy stuff which is the best *bang for buck* before diminishing returns..... You seem VERY protective over BAD companies! Maybe you should learn more about stuff before making stupid comments! Spending loads on tube amps and headphones is cool though because they are searching for ultimate sound quality not ultimate "look at me im the kiddle with my beats on". Some lame media driven fashion statement.

A joke turn's into another joke, and now it gets serious. I'm going to enjoy this
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #100 of 180
Quote:

I challenge you to go onto the manufacturers website and find a product which cannot be purchased from another manufacturer that is the same or better performance for 1/2 the price.

Not a fan, but you did get me curious... How many will I actually find.

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #101 of 180
My opinion is that people can wear and use whatever the hell they want if it makes them feel happy. And someone wearing beats to show off and feel better about themselves is exactly the same thing as someone else wearing something better and feeling superior to beats wearers. It's all consumerism to a degree that I don't care to be a part of. And as far as trying to "enlighten" somebody about the audio hobby - how would you feel about someone trying to "enlighten" you about shoes? Or pens? Or flashlights? Or any number of things that most of us would consider to be utilitarian and irrelevant? Audio to many people is utilitarian and irrelevant, and there's nothing fundamentally wrong with that. And there are whole communities devoted to pens and shoes and flashlights, and there's nothing really wrong with that either.

Sep 13, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #102 of 180

Quote:
My opinion is that people can wear and use whatever the hell they want if it makes them feel happy. And someone wearing beats to show off and feel better about themselves is exactly the same thing as someone else wearing something better and feeling superior to beats wearers. It's all consumerism to a degree that I don't care to be a part of. And as far as trying to "enlighten" somebody about the audio hobby - how would you feel about someone trying to "enlighten" you about shoes? Or pens? Or flashlights? Or any number of things that most of us would consider to be utilitarian and irrelevant? Audio to many people is utilitarian and irrelevant, and there's nothing fundamentally wrong with that. And there are whole communities devoted to pens and shoes and flashlights, and there's nothing really wrong with that either.

I point this out to people all the time.  You know you guys are all shaving wrong?  Do you use Gillette or Schick razors?  If you do you, you're so unenlightened.  Don't believe me, check out badgerandblade.com.  Someone out there feels the same about something you place no importance on other than purchasing a working model as you do on headphones.

Sep 13, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #103 of 180
This is a worthless comparison. Beats are not for audiophiles. They are selling something that is part lifestyle product, part fashion accessory, and part iPod accessory. Go to any website and find me a pair of headphones more 'in fashion' than the Beats line, there's a challenge. 

Quote:

It bugs me to no end whenever I read on here "my friend/child/sibling/parent wants to buy a pair of Beats! What can I do to save him from this terrible mistake!?". People actually try and provide advice, when there is honestly nothing that will make the kid happy but a pair of Beats. Getting a 'better' pair headphones for 1/3 the price don't mean squat to the person who wants them. They want to be seen wearing the same headphones as all the celebrities, this is worth the money for many many people. We KNOW that they don't sound all that good, we KNOW that they're not particularly durable. There is nothing left worth discussing.

It seems like people actually join Head-Fi for the opportunity to rage at the Beats products. They think, OH YEAH LOOK! AUDIOPHILE NERDS LIKE ME, I'M SURE THEY'LL UNDERSTAND WHAT ALL MY FOOLISH FRIENDS DON'T!. It's freaking tiring.

Beats are NOT A PRODUCT FOR THE DISCERNING AUDIOPHILE. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY DARN THREADS ABOUT IT, IT'S NOT FREAKING NEWS.

Sep 13, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #104 of 180
personally I actually find it annoying that people can be so shallow and narrow minded that they see celebrities with them on and want them purely for that reason...

Are they too stupid to realise that the celebrities are paid to do that and probably actually listen to much better headphones?!

I just find these sorts of companies (monster, apple etc.) genuinely annoying lol.

Sep 13, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #105 of 180

Quote:
Are they too stupid to realise that the celebrities are paid to do that and probably actually listen to much better headphones?!

Unfortunately, no, people don't really realize this.  People for the most part, don't live in the real world.  They think that when they hear something about Paris Hilton, it's real news.  Well, actually, it's not.  It's kind of sad of people have let themselves get so misled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back