Beats by Dre Studio: Real or Fake
Apr 20, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #32 of 48

Quote:
i just took more time looking at your pics, i can almost be sure they are fake. i could be wrong

1 Engraving of studio on the inner headband
2 dre's face and heaphone case on the box(cant see where dre's ear connects to his head ,  the case is blacker and darker lack of detail)
3 cable jacks
4 "monster" letters on the side of the case

from what i heard at best buy studio is very colored, vocal is thin.  they are clear and bass heavy. lots of details

I agree to this. i live in asia which means there are A LOT of fake china beats here. the fake studios here cost about $100 and surprisingly do not sound far from the original ones. one thing i have noticed with the fakes is that there are definitely aspects that you would see that would make you think it was fake immediately, like the inner part of the box being crumpled or the "beats by dr dre" logo on the headphones protruding a bit (its not smooth when you run your finger over the headband) and the fold up of the beats seem flimsy. i guess thats all i could say.

Apr 20, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #33 of 48
Adding on,
After use for about 3 to 4 weeks, the screws within the beats holding the headphone adjustment start to fall out.
Another thing I noticed is that the clamping force. The clamping force is weak in this one. 
Can't say anything about the SQ, but after a while the bass loses it's edge, giving a rather anemic performance.
(I know I have fake beats. I got them at the fake market)
The B on the beats logo on the battery side should fall out rather easily
Anythign about the connection?
Like, the flap. Does it show damage after opening and closing a few times?
These are some of the things off the  top of my head.

There may be more.

Apr 20, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #34 of 48

Quote:
i posted a photo of that jack there. so they are fake.. but i saw the signature on the back of the cover. i saw all the documents that came with it.. and the headphones sounds great don't know what to say...:frowning2: why they make such perfect fakes ? it's not fair! maybe the real studio's sounds even better..other opinions? and by the way ..what's the difference betwen fake and real regarding the sound ?

Maybe the fake ones sound better than the real ones haha. Honestly though, I have thoroughly unimpressed by every pair of "Beats" I've ever listened to.

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #36 of 48

Quote:
Maybe the fake ones sound better than the real ones haha. Honestly though, I have thoroughly unimpressed by every pair of "Beats" I've ever listened to.

my friend said they do. haha. i did try the fakes and they really didnt sound far from the original ones. the price difference is VERY far but the SQ isnt. i think id rather buy the fakes than the real ones. waste of money.

Jan 14, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #37 of 48
hey i have read through all the posts previously, and i agree that the ones that you have bought are fake, i live in the UK and you do get the odd fake ones brought over from china etc, 
however the comments about the fakes sounding better then the real ones depends on how the person uses the headphones, i have pair of solo beats. when i bought these i spoke to guy tho had a pair of studio headphones who told me that before using your headphones fully you should play them on half volume for 24 hours, which beats themselves recommends. 
this made a huge difference to the sound even in my solos. this will also be the same with the studio headphones, if you just play them full or near enough to full volume then you wont be able to get that great sound the is actually possible with the studios. 

Feb 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #40 of 48
[COLOR=FF0 THE ORIGINAL BEAT BY DRE HEADPHONES HAS A 10-DIGIT SERIAL NO. WHICH YOU CAN USE TO VERIFY ON THE BEATS BY DRE WEBSITE BEFORE YOU WASTE YOUR CASH ON FAKE HEADPHONES. THE SERIAL NO IS ABOVE THE LEFT EAR CUP.

Feb 12, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #41 of 48
Does it even matter if they're fake or not? Can't tell the difference sound-wise.

They look fake if you ask me.

May 19, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #42 of 48
I have a pair of high quality fakes and too me they do sound better than the real ones. I.E the bass is there but not as overpowering as the real ones so the vocals arent as muddy. I compared them to 4 different real ones from different stores using my phone. The In store models where still in good condition when i used them but now they are pretty worn though lol..anyways The chinese fakes are getting better and better. They have a fake serial number/signature and the box print is improved. As long as they sound decent then enjoy them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back