Beats by Dre Studio: Real or Fake
Jan 24, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #16 of 48
i posted a photo of that jack there. so they are fake.. but i saw the signature on the back of the cover. i saw all the documents that came with it.. and the headphones sounds great don't know what to say...:frowning2: why they make such perfect fakes ? it's not fair! maybe the real studio's sounds even better..other opinions? and by the way ..what's the difference betwen fake and real regarding the sound ?

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #17 of 48
i dont know what they use , but apple store uses iphone 4 with solo , studioand others,  they still sound terrible IMO, the timbre is messed up

solo sounds worse than my protapro to my ears, i can see some people like the whole dr.dre line, but unfortunately they are heavily colored

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #18 of 48
in chinese audiophile community, we tend to believe some of the fake headphones have the original driver for the ones are made in china.

btw some of the fake headphones do sound better than the real ones, i remember jorker said something similar like this with the experience of both of his real and fake cx500. its just personal preference, there is no perfect sound for every one

look on the bright side, you paid for cheaper than retail price or street price and got a pair of good looking cans that have a sound you like.  dont be dispointed. if you wanna find out how the real ones sound you can just go to bestbuy or apple store, there should be demos for your to listen with your own DAP, to be honest you might not like the real deals even they are real

Quote:
i posted a photo of that jack there. so they are fake.. but i saw the signature on the back of the cover. i saw all the documents that came with it.. and the headphones sounds great don't know what to say...:frowning2: why they make such perfect fakes ? it's not fair! maybe the real studio's sounds even better..other opinions? and by the way ..what's the difference betwen fake and real regarding the sound ?

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #19 of 48
in chinese audiophile community, we tend to believe some of the fake headphones have the original driver for the ones are made in china.

btw some of the fake headphones do sound better than the real ones, i remember jorker said something similar like this with the experience of both of his real and fake cx500. its just personal preference, there is no perfect sound for every one

look on the bright side, you paid for cheaper than retail price or street price and got a pair of good looking cans that have a sound you like.  dont be dispointed. if you wanna find out how the real ones sound you can just go to bestbuy or apple store, there should be demos for your to listen with your own DAP, to be honest you might not like the real deals even they are real
+ 1

There's no changing the fact that you enjoy the way they sound. As long as you enjoy the product, there's nothing any of us can say that can change your opinion about them, and it shouldn't.

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #21 of 48

Quote:
There's no changing the fact that you enjoy the way they sound. As long as you enjoy the product, there's nothing any of us can say that can change your opinion about them, and it shouldn't.

true, i have some atm think there fake though but the sound is awsome..so yeh i only care about the quality of the sound!

Jan 25, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #22 of 48
yeah that's true: nobody would change my opinion but it's just curiosity because it's my first pair of beats and i have no idea how the real one sounds like. there's no place where i can buy beats in my country and so i can't take test them anywhere.. so i was expecting for a comparation betwen those.. i saw that my fakes sound great and i guess the real sounds even better.

another thing that is very odd is the fact that u guys told above: the fake may sound better than original. i mean why in the world they would sound like that ? and regarding this fact: they use same materials in manufacturing 'cause they look just the same and guess they feel the same. the leather, plastic even the BEATS BY DRE engraving from headphones is raised print. Back to the problem: if i have the misfortune of dealing with some fakes i wanna know everything about the sound differences. Thanks a lot for every response.

P.s. if someone notice something new on my pictures just let me know.

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #23 of 48
Alot of people think fake beats sound better than real ones. See how much profit Monster is making?

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #24 of 48

sennheiser mx500 was only $1.5 dollars exported from china,  can you image how much does it cost to make them?
most headphones cost only a couple of US dimes to make!

like almost all the business, profit is huge, but they have to spend a lot of money on R&D and marketing. headphone business's profit is insane. the cost of making a pair of 400 dollars headphone and 20 dollar pair is very similar, the differeces are just the design and the sound signature.

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #25 of 48
^But they sell a lot more $20 headphones compared to $400 ones

Jan 26, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #26 of 48
so what's Montser's profit if the fake sounds greater? i mean as a costumer i would chose the fake then.. and when i get outside i put my headphones on and i post the 'fake' image of having real beats and the people will go crazy: Look at that fancy guy with his fancy beats. But in reality besides making Monster a image and advertise i'm not paying nothing to them at all.. Back to my poste from above tell me about manufacturing and sound :)

Jan 28, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #29 of 48
maybe someone who has the real studio can chime in, since we dont have it we might confuse you.

when i get a chance i will drop by at apple store to listen to them some more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back