Beats by Dre Solo HD Question
Mar 28, 2011 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hmwmai

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I have a pair of Solo HDs and recently the cord got caught on a chair and damaged the left earphone because I didn't know it was caught and it ripped the cord out of the headphone.. I was wondering if there was any way to replace/repair just the left earphone, or if there is someone who can do that.  If there isn't, how much could I sell them for with a damaged earphone?  Thanks

Mar 28, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 7
Your best bet would be to contact monster and ask if they can fix them for you.  If they can't be fixed then they'll be practically worthless as no one on this forum would want them and most of the people with the know-how to fix them probably wouldn't want a pair of beats.  If you can't get your beats fixed then come back by the forum and we'll be happy to recommend a cheaper headphone that will sound better than the beats.

Mar 28, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #4 of 7
If you have warranty, then try that first. After that, try to replace the cable since they are detachable if I remember correctly. Also, please don't bump a thread after TWO hours. Be patient.

Mar 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #5 of 7
OR you can learn how to recable your headphones. It's not that hard, all you need is a cable stripper/cutter, a soldering iron and some solder. Then you learn how to open the Solos (might be impossible, since from what I know about about Monster, they lock up fairies inside the cups and lock them forever inside). Then you open up the cups, cut the soldered point of the cable, strip a bit of cable and solder the new part on the driver.

There are multiple tutorials on this, even a few video ones if you search. The worst that could happen is you having to buy another pair of headphones.

I do think some places do recables, although I have never seen a store like this (I think it's mostly websites), and the recable market is more directed torwards high-end headphones in need of a better cable (Cardas or silver wire), which I would say to be a waste on the Solos. Don't take offense, it's just that that would probably be an expensive alternative to doing some do-it-yourself

Mar 28, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
If you have warranty, then try that first. After that, try to replace the cable since they are detachable if I remember correctly. Also, please don't bump a thread after TWO hours. Be patient.

I understand your point, but after 2 hours chance are your thread has fallen into the abyss of page 2, where hardly anyone looks (correct me if I am wrong)

Mar 28, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 7
Try plugging in any old stereo cable to see if that works. But it sounds like you busted the jack? right? In that case, monster probably won't fix it under warranty or otherwise since it was neglegence not a manufacturing defect. Not many options here since I don't think monster sells parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back