Beats by Dre question...
Feb 17, 2013 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

ColtMrFire

1000+ Head-Fier
I am pretty new to the headphone audiophile game...for me the best pair I ever had were Bose over ears...I just got my first pair of serious headphones in the form of sennheiser hd600 and my first headphone amp (audioengine d1).

Anyway, I hear alot of rumblings about the Beats cans being ****...can someone educate me on why?  They're pretty expensive cans so I would imagine they'd be up to par...?  I personally haven't listened to them.

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #2 of 17
That's the reason, they're expensive and the actual sound quality you're getting is not even close to the value of the headphones. You're paying for marketing/style and a big B on side of the cups.

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #4 of 17
That is because Monster, AMD, windows, apple, and several other companies spend all of their money on advertisement, and none of it on making a good product.

Essentially, when you buy beats, you are paying for their celebrity endorsements and advertisement.  

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 17
main reason beats is bashed: price is way over the top more expensive than what the sound quality of them are, and their intrusive marketing strategies add to the fire

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #6 of 17
1. They sound bad.
2. They break easily.
3. Almost every claim they make about them is an outright lie.
4. They were designed by the predatory and unethical company Monster, who then got cheated out of a lot of profits by another predatory and unethical record company that started Beats.
5. They've spawned a new generation of faux audiophiles who spread ignorance and troll the real community of audiophiles.

Sounding bad for the money alone won't generate the criticism Beats have gotten here. There's much more to it than that.

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #7 of 17
1. They sound bad.
2. They break easily.
3. Almost every claim they make about them is an outright lie.
4. They were designed by the predatory and unethical company Monster, who then got cheated out of a lot of profits by another predatory and unethical record company that started Beats.
5. They've spawned a new generation of faux audiophiles who spread ignorance and troll the real community of audiophiles.

Sounding bad for the money alone won't generate the criticism Beats have gotten here. There's much more to it than that.

Excellent summary.. describes my feelings exactly.

Feb 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:
Beats pros are good headhones superior to many headphones which are considerd good on here like the v moda m80 m50 and many in that class. They are over priced though but are decent in there own right. The rest are pretty bad apart from mixr

Pros better than M50 in raw performance?
blink.gif

Feb 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:
Beats pros are good headhones superior to many headphones which are considerd good on here like the v moda m80 m50 and many in that class. They are over priced though but are decent in there own right. The rest are pretty bad apart from mixr

Beats pros are the less horrid of the bunch, but do not sound better than the M50....I mean, we are presenting our opinions as fact now, right?

Feb 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #10 of 17
also on side note the comfort on the mixr is simply horrid. almost had to go for an ear amputation due to lack of blood circulation

Feb 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #11 of 17
Personally I estimate the value of ALL Beats headphones to, at the most, half of what they are actually sold for, but thats being generous. I would spend no more than $40 on Beats Solos/HD, no more than $100 on Studios, and if I could get a pair of the Pros for $150 I would have to think about if its worth it. 

Feb 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Superior? They cost three times the price! Sound quality is better on the M50 and M80 imo. Try comparing beats pro to other headphones in their price range, they get slaughtered.

Feb 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Superior? They cost three times the price! Sound quality is better on the M50 and M80 imo. Try comparing beats pro to other headphones in their price range, they get slaughtered.

he was talking about raw performance only, and even then the M50 still sounds better than the pros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back