Beats by dre Pro Indepth review
Jun 18, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #91 of 108
I think "hate" is a strong word.  I personally don't hate the beats headphones.  I don't think they are bad headphones either.  I just don't think that they are worth their prices but their cool/hype factors are no doubt #1 with the younger crowd.  It's like "what you use for your ipod/iphone man? .... you got to get some beats headphones.  They are awesome ..."

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #92 of 108
Hey, I am a proud owner of Beats by Dre. - Beats Pros, sure there over priced as **** and may not hold there ground again other high end headphones but after 200 hours of listening and testing playing a lot of music genres they ended up sounding just as good if not better then my Sennheiser HD 518s and AKG K701s so as far as specs and tests go these for me atleast hold well as long as im playing 320kb or better music, its **** in **** out with these so lossless is great.
 But another thing I found is after burn in they clear up a lot, and I mean a lot, from beats solos quality to Sennheiser quality, I know I will get hate for this but after months and years of listening to differnet headphones I still end up back with these and my other two listed above, so not all is as bad as some make it out to be, after all maybe these cans fit my ears own frequency, who knows? after all we all have different ears and we all pick up sound differently so as one may hate the sound from these others may love it be them a casual listener or an audiophile it makes no difference.

But I think if the price was cheaper and they did sound abit better maybe then people would show some more love but atleast now I can walk down the street and not care about being mugged for wearing $500 headphones because no one wants them because everyone is to busy hating them...

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #93 of 108
Why hate monster? you know its Dr. Dre and his company that make these right? Beats by Dre is the name after all not Beats by Monster. And as far as fire sales go im sure I seen AKG, Denon, Sennheiser, Byerdynamic, Shure and Westone headphones all selling on Amazon from anywhere to 20-70% off... hmm wonder how they all seem to still be thriving? Anything online will be cheaper then retail, if its not then somethings wrong...Your just one of those haters to be cool kind of guys, and that's not cool so next time do some studying bud.

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #94 of 108
I own the beats solo HD and mixr and used to own the studio and have spent a lot of time with the pros. Pros are really good as a fun headphone They sound lively and full of energy. 
I prefer them to phones such as the M50, M100 but not quite as good as more balanced and fun phones such as the Denon D2000 and DT770. The Mixr are ok and the Studio and Solo suck.

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #95 of 108
  Hey, I am a proud owner of Beats by Dre. - Beats Pros, sure there over priced as **** and may not hold there ground again other high end headphones but after 200 hours of listening and testing playing a lot of music genres they ended up sounding just as good if not better then my Sennheiser HD 518s and AKG K701s so as far as specs and tests go these for me atleast hold well as long as im playing 320kb or better music, its **** in **** out with these so lossless is great.
 But another thing I found is after burn in they clear up a lot, and I mean a lot, from beats solos quality to Sennheiser quality, I know I will get hate for this but after months and years of listening to differnet headphones I still end up back with these and my other two listed above, so not all is as bad as some make it out to be, after all maybe these cans fit my ears own frequency, who knows? after all we all have different ears and we all pick up sound differently so as one may hate the sound from these others may love it be them a casual listener or an audiophile it makes no difference.

But I think if the price was cheaper and they did sound abit better maybe then people would show some more love but atleast now I can walk down the street and not care about being mugged for wearing $500 headphones because no one wants them because everyone is to busy hating them...

It depends on the neighborhood. Keep away from the one where they love Beats.

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #96 of 108
I think the thing making beats so popular is about 99.9% marketing. Theyre the most widely advertised headphone brand, and the big portion of the population that will buy them like as previously mentioned, only used ibuds before, so really almost anything will be better. The high price must obviously mean quality, and anything cheaper must be garbage.

5 years ago I went looking for my first set of decent headphones. Saw beats, didnt like the style, noticed the 20-20k response, and zero impedance rating, along with the psycho price turned me away and I never looked at them again.
Instead I spent 70 or 80 bucks on my audio technica pro5v, 15-28k response, and 40mm 40ohm drivers, and saw gold. It was either these or the m50s, but I didnt have enough for the m50s at the time. I tried my buddies out last week, I didnt care for the m50s.

Anyways, I think ill compare my 5 year old at's to a set of beats one day and see what all the uninformed hype is about lol

Im glad to see such an in depth technical review of them too.

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #97 of 108
I think the thing making beats so popular is about 99.9% marketing. Theyre the most widely advertised headphone brand, and the big portion of the population that will buy them like as previously mentioned, only used ibuds before, so really almost anything will be better. The high price must obviously mean quality, and anything cheaper must be garbage.

5 years ago I went looking for my first set of decent headphones. Saw beats, didnt like the style, noticed the 20-20k response, and zero impedance rating, along with the psycho price turned me away and I never looked at them again.
Instead I spent 70 or 80 bucks on my audio technica pro5v, 15-28k response, and 40mm 40ohm drivers, and saw gold. It was either these or the m50s, but I didnt have enough for the m50s at the time. I tried my buddies out last week, I didnt care for the m50s.

Anyways, I think ill compare my 5 year old at's to a set of beats one day and see what all the uninformed hype is about lol

Im glad to see such an in depth technical review of them too.

Do not discount the ghetto mania and the aping of the ghetto gangsta by the white schoolkids and by the white trash. Do not forget about the cultural conditioning. [No disrespect to the people of the ghettos, only to their manias. Also no disrespect to the 'white trash', good luck to them, only to some of their cultural predispositions and habits, and see that the term white trash is a civilized expression : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/09/rohrabacher-white-trash_n_3733333.html ]

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #98 of 108
Ive been a beats fan not from marketing but because I like the sound, I really haven't seen one ad for them maybe because I live in Australia but still, ive owned my beats pros for 3 years now and not one problem but ive owned my AKG K712s for less then 3 weeks and they broke, left driver died on me and for the money they cost they shouldn't. so as much as some people hate beats they are up to standard in the headphone world, they have good sound if you like colour and they have quality as well as a price most headphones these days have anyway, sennhieser the once " get what you pay for " brand now sells $300-400 headphones that sound worse then beats and only look decent and say these are for the younger people looking to get into music... so that's my case, Beats by Dr. Dre aren't the only brand doing what they do.

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #99 of 108
  Why hate monster? you know its Dr. Dre and his company that make these right? Beats by Dre is the name after all not Beats by Monster. And as far as fire sales go im sure I seen AKG, Denon, Sennheiser, Byerdynamic, Shure and Westone headphones all selling on Amazon from anywhere to 20-70% off... hmm wonder how they all seem to still be thriving? Anything online will be cheaper then retail, if its not then somethings wrong...Your just one of those haters to be cool kind of guys, and that's not cool so next time do some studying bud.

They can be a sketchy company. Monster used to sue a ton of companies for having the name "Monster." They even sued a golf course. Oh, and they also tried to sue another cable company (Blue Jeans Cables) on apparently unfounded claims (the President of BJC was a lawyer and ended the suit before it happened). Also, the fact that they charge such exorbitant amounts of money on their cables, which did not deliver based on the price (which could, arguably, go with other cable companies) doesn't help with making the community like them. They do make a few nice headphones though.

Also, do you have the K701s or K712? You referenced having both. And a K712 breaking within three weeks is definitely not normal; most pairs of K701s from the initial production date are probably still working, which most likely can't be said for Beats (coming from the owner of a Beats Pro).

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #100 of 108
Beats are way over priced for what you get. You can gets actual studio grade headphones for less then what beats cost, beats has headphones falsely labeled as such without actually having the specs and performance of a studio headphone ! I got the JBL synchros S500's, for 70$ and I have to say they are the best headphones I've heard under 250$ easily and sound better then much more pricier headphones I've heard , anyone even considering beats needs to look into the JBL SYNCHROS S500's, they can be bought on eBay and Amazon for around 70-100$ and are WELL WORTH IT !

May 13, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #101 of 108
I got the Beats Studio by using my rewards points.  The sound of the headphones are not bad if they are in the 100-150 range, but not for $300.  I rarely use them but recently I been hearing some vibration noise out of the left side.  The other things I hate is the cheap plastic they use.

May 14, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #102 of 108
  I think "hate" is a strong word.  I personally don't hate the beats headphones.  I don't think they are bad headphones either.  I just don't think that they are worth their prices but their cool/hype factors are no doubt #1 with the younger crowd.  It's like "what you use for your ipod/iphone man? .... you got to get some beats headphones.  They are awesome ..."

I can understand if some people don't like beats sound which has bass tuned for the masses but a preference none the less

But beats are popular with adults also. Dre is in his 50's so adults that enjoy the bass level have been around a while

I enjoy my urbeats very much at 39 and consider them better than my v-moda's.

May 14, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #105 of 108
I think beats are ovepriced for what you get. Although the sound is decent in my studios and i got them free, if i had 300 i wouldnt buy the because i think there are better choices in that price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back