Beats by dre Pro Indepth review
May 14, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #106 of 108
I think beats are ovepriced for what you get. Although the sound is decent in my studios and i got them free, if i had 300 i wouldnt buy the because i think there are better choices in that price range.

Consumers are happy with beats though overpriced is a common opinion/complaint for premium headphones/speakers.

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #107 of 108
I was referred to this forum by some link, and read through the 8 pages of comments, and felt compelled to start an account and reply. I just wanted to say that there seems to be a huge amount of confusion as to the model of headphones; half of these comments are regarding the Beats 'Studio' model, which although I admit the name is confusing, the forum clearly states "Beats PRO". Although I am admittedly no 'audiophile', I can say that I rather enjoy my Beats Pros (I have several pairs which I daisy-chain in my basement studio), but I under no circumstances would ever dare to compare them to the Studio model or any of the other powered models by Beats. These are not noise canceling for one, and they are definitely not plastic. So that clears up a good 3rd of the arguments I see in this thread. Some of the other arguments are just silly; they hurt your neck from the weight within minutes of wearing them?? Hahaha if that's the case, you probably have bigger issues than complaining about headphones. I get it; these are clearly not the greatest headphones ever invented, but to hear some of you go on and on about how terrible they are is not only silly, it's quite insulting. Like I said before, I'm no audiophile (snob) but I have listened to a handful of "studio" headphones in a similar price range and was unimpressed. I produce music that has a lot of bass, and I want to hear that bass when I'm in my headphones.. if I use 'flat' headphones, my mix turns out super wonky (even if it is just a rough mix, I clearly wouldn't try to master with headphones). Anyway, I look forward to any feedback and I've already bookmarked a few other 'audiophile-approved' cans to check out in the future. Honestly, I've had trouble finding places who even carry a good selection of studio quality headphones. Guitar center has a very limited selection. Any suggestions for a chain that carries good quality headphones when I am ready to upgrade? I am in Denver btw.. thank you

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #108 of 108
This is a LAYMAN'S point of view. I like music alot but don't really know the Jargon and such.

I personally own a pair of these gifted to me one Christmas. I mostly listen to Metal and some Edm.

I also own a pair of B&O H3 in ear phones, an audiotechnica sq5 and RHA s500 in ear to compare.

The Good:
"Dynamic" sound. Pretty good for Metal compared to the h3 which is somewhat "mellow(?)" It pretty much sounds like you're in a rock concert actually.

There IS decent separation and clarity but the heavy bass really buries it.

The Bad:
The graph is correct. There are almost 0 highs. I cant really hear it.. unlike in the sq5, rha and esp the b&o. Sounds like cymbals are muddled and abstract (?) High mid is Ok and clear with certain voices. Low mid is weak or muddled by the heavy bass.

Soundstage is all over the place again due to the bass interference. Unlike the sq5s which are surprisingly Accurate.

The thing is heavy and takes some getting used to.

The Ugly:
Nothing really. I got it for free so I didnt have to pay the hefty price.i've grown to love it actually. If you don't think too much about say the highs and simply try to enjoy the ride, they're pretty good. Ie. Nothing you audiophiles will like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back