Beats by Dr. Dre Studio or Sennheiser HD 25 ?
Sep 14, 2011 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Stlee209

New Head-Fier
Now, I narrowed it down to Beats Studio and Sennheiser HD 25 ...
I think they are the best for my budget, but I still can't decide between them ...
I hope I get  more reponses ... 
I listen my music from my Android phone ... For Genre I listen to almost every kind ...
I'm going to use these in the bus, at the school, or while I'm studying ...
Just telling you this is my FIRST headphone ...
I'm not crazy about bass, but I like some good bass in it too ...
If your going to say Beats sucks, please tell me how ...
People only say they suck, but don't tell me how ...
*I'm not a Dj, Mixer, or Producer ... I just listen to music, and I look for great sounds*
So thanks (In advance ...)

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 29
Ultrasone pro 900?

Enjoying some Noisia on them right now. This is what the beats are meant to sound like.

BTW, Beats are hated around here due to being a gimmick and having bad SQ.

EDIT3: In my opinion, the Pro 900 beats out the M50 as well.

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 29
M50 is leaps and bounds better than beats.

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 29
M50 is better overall than the Beats if you plan on listening to a variety of music.  I don't think the M50 is your end all for a headphone under 300.  You can get used-like new Pro900s on amazon for around 300usd.  I'd strive for that.  

The M50s don't have the midbass impact of the beats, so if you were looking them to have a similar bass to the beats, then don't get the M50s.

Sep 14, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #8 of 29

Quote:
admins need to shut these threads down..

Tell them to search and then close the thread.

there should be a gear suggestion board imo

Sep 14, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #9 of 29
What kind of sound are you looking for? You going to be playing it out of an ipod or do you have an amp?

Some suggestions:
Creative Aurvana Live, Ultrasone HFI-580, SRH-750dj (Bassy)
Shure 840/440, KRK 8400 (Neutral)
AKG K271, Shure 940 (Lean, detailed)

Sep 14, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #11 of 29
why do u think that full size headphones are better than earbuds/IEM's? just out of curiosity.

Also, try the HD25-1 II, great choice for a portable (if you're taking it on the bus)

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #13 of 29
Better than earbuds? Yes. Better than IEMs? IMO, no. There are ample IEMs to choose from the would satisfy you and for far less than $300.

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #14 of 29
Heya,

Get these. Better value than both. They're better than the Beats and pretty much as good as the M50's (seriously, I have both, I'm not just making it up). Smooth highs, present mids (slightly recessed just like the aforementioned headphones here) and gobs of lovely impactful rich deep bass that can play a controlled tone as low as 40hz and 30hz even (with a tad of warble on the 30hz). They even have a pretty nice sound stage due to angled drivers (mimics S-Logic) and these vents which make it more of a semi-open in terms of it's sound. Don't even look at the price. Just pretend there's another zero behind it. It's actually pretty ruggedly built, is comfortable, pretty big, and looks decent. I bought it on a whim and it turned out to be an absolute gem. I don't get taken away by many headphones, but for this thing's cost, I was pretty much floored. I can't recommend it enough if you want a fun smooth bassy headphone that is inexpensive, but matches and rivals some $150~250 headphones out there (which.. well, I also have).

Get them. If you don't like them, I will buy them from you to give to someone.

Very best,

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #15 of 29

Quote:
Heya,

Get these. Better value than both. They're better than the Beats and pretty much as good as the M50's (seriously, I have both, I'm not just making it up). Smooth highs, present mids (slightly recessed just like the aforementioned headphones here) and gobs of lovely impactful rich deep bass that can play a controlled tone as low as 40hz and 30hz even (with a tad of warble on the 30hz). They even have a pretty nice sound stage due to angled drivers (mimics S-Logic) and these vents which make it more of a semi-open in terms of it's sound. Don't even look at the price. Just pretend there's another zero behind it. It's actually pretty ruggedly built, is comfortable, pretty big, and looks decent. I bought it on a whim and it turned out to be an absolute gem. I don't get taken away by many headphones, but for this thing's cost, I was pretty much floored. I can't recommend it enough if you want a fun smooth bassy headphone that is inexpensive, but matches and rivals some $150~250 headphones out there (which.. well, I also have).

Get them. If you don't like them, I will buy them from you to give to someone.

Very best,

First time I've heard of them. What's its sound signature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back