Beatles: Love
Nov 23, 2006 at 2:25 AM Post #17 of 84
WOAH, call me stupid.

I confirmed from the track "I Am The Walrus" that if I ripped from the DVD-A version, soundstage is flat; it might as well be called mono.

Back to the drawing board, this time ripping the CD.

Nov 23, 2006 at 7:59 AM Post #18 of 84
I bought this today. First cd I've bought in about three years. Even listening in my car I could tell the sonics were terrific. At first, I was a little skeptical about the "smashing" of the tracks. As a HUGE Beatles fan it was disorienting the first time a couple tracks got thrown together. But then, I relaxed an totally got into the album. I guess the first "smash" was just jarring to me. Like sensory overload, since I know every note the Beatles played inside and out. But after ten minutes I was in love with the album. Great, great fun. Brilliant production. And, as others have said, it sounds spectacular. The LITTLE THINGS are amazing: like one of George's guitar solos being slightly lifted out of a song and remastered with more life. They must have had all the master tapes. The first time that happened, it blew me away. Yeah, if you're a Beatles fan, I really have to say this is a must have.

Nov 23, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #20 of 84
this is one CD mastered by an audiophile for audiophiles.

its almost a "symphony of layers" - there's so much fine details and nuances that even the periods of silences add to the music. I'm sure headphiles with detailed systems will be thrilled.

Nov 23, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #21 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalgear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure headphiles with detailed systems will be thrilled.

One of the few "Beatles Albums" that sound great on headphones without crossfeed.

Nov 23, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #22 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the few "Beatles Albums" that sound great on headphones without crossfeed.

Ah the joys of natural crossfeed
k1000smile.gif

Nov 24, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #24 of 84
Just picked this up tonight and have been listening to it through my stereo while I tidy up and pack for a short vacation. This is an awesome mix. Creative, some license in playing around, and the sound is just awesome. I can't wait to run this baby through the Hornet/K701 tonight before bed. I look forward to getting my girl's impression, as we have a roadtrip ahead of us, and I think this is the perfect soundtrack to set us on our way.

Brilliant stuff. I'm glad this isn't just another greatest hits package.

Nov 24, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #26 of 84
i can't stop listening to it !

in my car which has a not-so-resolving system, the sense of PRAT stands out very well. I cannot imagine how much homework is required to achieve this level of consistently high quality...its as if these guys knew the beatles material by heart.

went to the CD store and saw a double digi-pak which includes what i presume is a DVD 5.1 mix !

Nov 24, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #28 of 84
I've had a chance to listen to the 2 channel mix once through. It really is good stuff, and the way it's mixed makes for a great headphone experience. I haven't had a chance to listen to the 5.1 mix, but I'm hoping to do that at some point over the weekend.

Hearing "Love" makes me wish that they would properly remaster the original Beatles catelog.

Nov 24, 2006 at 2:01 PM Post #29 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
metalgear says:

What?

Sorry i meant Pace Rhythm and Timing - its just some silly hi-fi lingo.

The CD plays like a long symphony, pretty much gapless due to some very tasteful fillers in between tracks.

Nov 24, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #30 of 84
With my H340s all I can say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHA!!!

Oustanding job! What FUN! Amazing, amazing sonic festival in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back