Beatles: Love
Feb 16, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #76 of 84
The way I see it, "Love" is a preview of the upcoming Beatles re-masters, and if the sound quality across the entire remastered catalog sounds like "Love", then I'll be one happy listener.

Feb 17, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #77 of 84
Heard an interview on NPR a while ago with Martin's son (today's engineer). If you search the archives at www.npr.org (Story of the Day), you may find it. Interesting concept and I may go purchase.

Still have my old vinyl Beatles - George Martin, you were a genius! Raised a pretty talented son too...

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #78 of 84
I've never been a Beatles fan, I have only two of their cd's in a 700 cd collection and one of those was a gift. However I bought "Love" with the Idea if I didn't like it I'd give it away. Well that's not going to happen. This is a great collection with Fantastic sound, I love it!

Mar 4, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #79 of 84
fun and sounds wonderful.
I think George Martin would have loved all the audio toys back then when they used 4 tracks to record things. It's great to hear the back channel tracks and effects. I have only listened to part of the 5.1 offering and it's touching and brings a smile...
Quite well done. amazing. i'd love to have 5.1 remixes of the entire collection.
i enjoy the additions that Giles and company have added (the moustache on the Mona Lisa comment is right!) but hope the original albums are a little closer to the original intent. Beatles are unique and special in this universe and George Martin is one.
*sniff*

- signature block not done -
Klipsch, hd-650, nakamichi, nano4, pa2v2, sony stuff...
X-fi plat! blah blah. and oh thanks Head-Fi, i used to have money instead of equipment. its an improvement.

Mar 4, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #80 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by humanflyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So who's going to pick up this album? Or is messing with the Beatles heresy?
biggrin.gif

Anyways, I got my copy from an advanced source *cough cough*, suffice to say that I really like it: my worst fears have been vanquished, not to mention the good recording quality. I will be picking this one up tomorrow for sure.

No a huge 60's rock group guy.. But I have a soft spot for the Beatles. SGT Pepper Is a great, great song.. Plus 10 more.

Mar 4, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #81 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by fractus2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazing album. I hear something new everytime I listen to it.

X2!

Mar 5, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #82 of 84
I don't see the big deal...

Honestly, it's kind of plastic, to me, really. There are some moments in the album that raise goose-bumps, but, on critical listen, most of it's kind of artificial, in a WalMart kind of way.

Sorry, that's just how I see it. No great shakes here. Most of my Parlaphone vinyl sounds as good on the original source material here.

And, if this is a standard for someone's audio quality, someone needs to upgrade their equipment...

Mar 5, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #83 of 84
I own it and enjoy it very much.

Would love to see the Cirque show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back