Bdynamic dt 770 or HD595
Jul 15, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #16 of 43
The 595s are close to the hd600s. Very good cans. The Dt770s I havent heard but the older brother the DT990s are not even as good as the 595s IMHO

Jul 15, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #17 of 43
DT770s are like strapping sub woofers to your head. This isn't necessarily a good or bad thing, just how it is. The isolation is fantastic, but the mids and highs are a bit recessed.

I've not heard the 595s, but if you can DT990s for the same price, you might consider those. I'm selling mine on ebay since I got k701s.

Jul 15, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #20 of 43
I currently have both the DT770 and HD595. They are very different headphones—nearly opposites. Both are incredibly comfortable and versitile. But I'm not sure I could pick one over the other—I really enjoy each.

I say both.

Jul 16, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #21 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These were my first 2 phones since I discovered head-fi. I also preferred the 770s. I got mine at guitar center for $150 during a sale (which are often). I bet if you bargain you could get them down to $150.

I am also looking into buying a pair of DT770s. I see them on ebay for ~150, but I'd rather get them at guitar center if I can - but when I called and said that I was looking to buy and know they go on sale for 150 often, I was told they would not knock the price down from 199 and that they would not be going on sale soon.

Was this guy BS'ing me, or am I better off going with ebay?

Also, can you listen to the headphones at guitar center or are they all packaged? Thanks!

Jul 16, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #22 of 43
I would take the print off from ebay and take into the store. People on this site have said they will price match. If that fails I would go to another GC. They let me open the pair that I ended up buying, I listened to them directly from my IPOD. I would bet this all depends on which sales guy you get. If not just get them from ebay, I doubt that you will be disappointed.

Jul 16, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #23 of 43
I bought mine at GC and the guy let me try a pair first, but he was snotty about it. All in all, I prefer not to shop at that place as every person I've dealt with there lacks good customer service skills.

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DT770=Bass and thats it

Mids recessed muddy sounding ..

<3 my MS-2

I haven't come across anything that has sounded muddy yet. The mids are a little "tight"(the phones are literally only days old) but everything sounds very clean & detailed. I have to admit that I don't think that most of my music collection is that tough to make sound good because I refuse to listen to music that was'nt well recorded. I'm using my 770s w/ my Total Airhead portable amp. It turns out that my ear canals don't like having IEMs in them. It burns me up a little as I really started to like the sound I was getting from my UM2s. (Which themselves are only a few weeks older than the 770s). My AKG 701s driven by my Opera Cyber 20 headphone amp is definitely more detailed, but open-aire phones don't have sufficient isolation for portable use for me.

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #29 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I say If you want bass go for the 770, If youre an audiophile, go for the 595

Wait, are you saying that people who like bassy headphones are not audiophiles?

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #30 of 43
I liked the Senn 595 better, but if you need isolation it's going to have to be the 770's...

Either way, they're both fine phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back