BC official meet. IC.
Apr 28, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #106 of 155
I am thinking about coming, but my schedule is rather restricted. I am going to be in Minneapolis from June 19-26th. Then I am getting married on July 5th, and will be away on a little honeymoon from the 7th until the 10th.

And then on July 31st I'm moving to Minneapolis, so anytime after that would be right out.

Stuff I can definitely bring:
DIY Dynalo
DIY TDA1541A based USB DAC (completed, not properly cased - yet - maybe in time)
Opus DAC with Metronome and BALSIE
Mini^3
RS-1
AKG K701
HD650
HD595
HD590

Possibly/probably a Bijou

Other than the times I'm unavailable for, the biggest thing preventing me from coming is finishing my Ph.D. in time to start my job in Minnesota.

I also have a Beta22, but that will almost certainly not be running, unless I really get off my ass. Which really isn't likely.

Apr 29, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #107 of 155
Ah, so you're finally leavin' vancity?
Congrats on the marriage.
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am thinking about coming, but my schedule is rather restricted. I am going to be in Minneapolis from June 19-26th. Then I am getting married on July 5th, and will be away on a little honeymoon from the 7th until the 10th.

And then on July 31st I'm moving to Minneapolis, so anytime after that would be right out.

Stuff I can definitely bring:
DIY Dynalo
DIY TDA1541A based USB DAC (completed, not properly cased - yet - maybe in time)
Opus DAC with Metronome and BALSIE
Mini^3
RS-1
AKG K701
HD650
HD595
HD590

Possibly/probably a Bijou

Other than the times I'm unavailable for, the biggest thing preventing me from coming is finishing my Ph.D. in time to start my job in Minnesota.

I also have a Beta22, but that will almost certainly not be running, unless I really get off my ass. Which really isn't likely.

May 4, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #108 of 155
Still months away, so a definite maybe!

May 4, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #109 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, so you're finally leavin' vancity?
Congrats on the marriage.
cool.gif

Yeah, I'll be leaving Vancouver after six years - almost to the day. St. Paul, Minnesota, here I come!

May 14, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #111 of 155
I would like to come too if I may. I have nothing to bring though...I'm new and may or may not have time before them to buy my headphone set.

May 15, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #112 of 155
I'll tag along if Aliacha decides to go. I can bring my Pico!

May 19, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #114 of 155
DOH!!

One week later and I probably would have been able to attend. I'm in Alberta but will be heading out to BC for the last 2 weeks of July. Looks like the date is pretty much set, but I'll watch the thread just in case...

May 19, 2008 at 10:44 AM Post #115 of 155
depending on the numbers, we might be able to get a retailer like hifi centre to sponsor? Or perhaps commercial electronics? Where else might we get that much power and be large enough?

There needs to be some definitive numbers in the next couple weeks

May 21, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #116 of 155
I think we have at least a dozen members interested, might even be safe to say 20. Has anyone stepped up to the plate to take this past an IC, and into the planning stages?

And is the date set in stone, or can we accommodate Jeremy's trip to Japan in mid July?

May 22, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #118 of 155
That would be ok too if someone cold offer a place. If someone will offer a place, then planning wouldnt take too long. Wait a minute...what happens during one of these things? bring our stuff and listen then go home? bring stuff listen then eat then go for a drink then go home? Never been to one of these meets

May 22, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #119 of 155
I've never been to one either but I have been around head-fi long enough to know what happens. Generally people bring their sources, amps, and headphones and people get a chance to try out each others equipment, and socialize with each other. Usually people bring food and drinks along. I think that meets typically last from 2-6 hours, depending on the size of the meet.

Renting some space in a community centre wouldn't cost that much money, and it is what has been done before for the Vancouver meets. Hell, the Trophy Room at the Vancouver Rowing club can be rented for $500 - if you get 20 people that's $25 a person. That's a privately owned facility and very nice. I think you can rent rooms from the city for around $60 / hour. I bet you could rent something from the city of Vancouver for between $20 to $60 / hour, because we were going to rent a huge room at the Vancouver Roundhouse for $60 / hour for our wedding.

Doing it at someone's house is a huge, huge imposition and I would strongly advise anyone against doing it.

May 22, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #120 of 155
yea ive never been either so im a bit mystified as to how long the whole ordeal etc etc should be planned for. i assume we all just get setup, then basically wander around checking out other ppls stuff and trying new gear until everyone gets bored type thing? then ya, i assume we'd potentially all go out for food / drinks after that for some nitty-gritty headphone talk!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back