BBE SonicMax Pro iTunes app
Jun 10, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #16 of 38
$5 vs $199??

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #17 of 38
I've used BBE before on my iaudio player. However, even without aggressive settings (all knobs less than halfway) on this BBE sonicmax pro app, I'm noticing distortion?

Sep 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #19 of 38
It sounds to me like it adjusts the digital out and headphone output on my Ipod touch, and yes blazer78, there does seem to be a fair bit of distortion, particularly bass "erosion", maybe it pushes the iDevices output parameters too far? I also use a FiiO E7 usb amp/DAC and while it is a cleaner, less colorful sound and doesn't need any tweaking, that's part of the fun with the app, is when the settings are just right, it feels like the music opens up, is more colorful and you don't need a portable rig to do it, but all in all it's kind of a cheaper, cheater way of accomplishing nearly the same effect.
etysmile.gif

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #21 of 38
I have 2 of the actual BBE hardware boxes and I love them.

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #22 of 38
i have tried all sound enhancing apps including "EQu, equalizer, My tunes pro, SonicMax Pro.
Trust me go for the Denon audio app, its the most amazing software audio synthesizer and whats the best is its free.
If interested i can show my personal presets.

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #23 of 38
well, heres the preset i use

my source-
ipod touch4 + RxMk3 + Hfi580

for some reasons i dont use this app any more , neither this posted curve, that gives some serious bass though.

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #27 of 38
I have this BBE app too after debating whether to get the Cowon Z2, and I found the sound a bit too artificial and kill off some of the highs (tested with B&W C5 mostly).  Now I wonder how's the sound from the app compare to the Z2 or other BBE players?

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #29 of 38
what denon?

denon audio, try searching in itunes, if you like BBEsonicmax then you are going to love denon, the main thin is it doesnt distort to that extent like others, though software EQ it might be but it works as if it is the default driver and whats more with its lovely UI

but i still kinda prefer stereophonic, sounstage man, try with any IEM you can customize sounstage in it. cks77 makes it complete portable set:))

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #30 of 38
The soundstage effect just makes it sound distant in a very artificial way... maybe you found a good setting. I do like the denon app, free too.
But im beginning to think that no EQing is best. music with these apps sound washed out even before applying any EQ. I'll play with it at some point.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back