Bay Area Meet (California) February 11th, 2012 INTEREST THREAD
Jul 19, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #17 of 212
Due to lots of changes recently, I haven't been around the forum much.....nor have I been able to attend any of the shows in the past year and half or so.

But I am definitely up for this! Now that I live in Pacifica, it's just a short drive to the Doubletree. Count me in sir!

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #19 of 212
We're cool with two days--hopefully I can keep Mike on a leash . . .

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 20, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #20 of 212
We're cool with two days--hopefully I can keep Mike on a leash . . .

What fun would that be? We're hoping if we go two days you can't keep Mike on the leash! :wink:

Two days might allow for some extra time to give some rigs a more intense listen "after hours". Or maybe the time for some of those ultimate shoot outs we've always wanted to try?

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #22 of 212
Alas, n3rdling came up this year because "he hadn't been up here in a long time"...he said he probably couldn't make it up again.  
frown.gif

(So we should go visit him at a meet down there sometime!!)  
bigsmile_face.gif

<Two Days> would simply be for allowing more time, room, and/or options...coming both days would be totally up to you!!

Thanks everybody, for chiming in on whether two days sounds like a good idea (or overkill)!
beerchug.gif

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #23 of 212
Oh dear... a bit late to the party (my time on HF has been limited by my INSANE work life!), but count me in.

As for a 2-day event. I think it's a fine idea as the evening would be an amazing time to actually sit down, eat, drink, chat, and really get to know all the great folks here.
But the equipment... where would it be? How secure... especially for those with big rigs or specialty equipment?

Last year's meeting went so fast that it really was difficult to give everything the attention it deserved... especially if you had to 'man' your own rig for much of the day. Obviously if I hadn't brought anything to demo it would have been different, very different.

But this is great! CEE TEE... once again, you rock!

shane

Jul 21, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #24 of 212
Count me in!  Woohoo!

Quote:
We'll be there with stuff!

Noooooooo!!!!

I very narrowly escaped your display with my money last year.  Took a carabiner to hold me over.  It doesn't have the bass punch I experienced at the listening station.  Hurt my ears after a couple of hours too.

Jul 24, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #25 of 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As for a 2-day event. I think it's a fine idea as the evening would be an amazing time to actually sit down, eat, drink, chat, and really get to know all the great folks here.
But the equipment... where would it be? How secure... especially for those with big rigs or specialty equipment?

Just as a point of reference -- the 2009 national meet in Los Angeles was all-weekend and the gear were left in the rooms saturday night, locked by the hotel.  I believe the other national meets prior to that were the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back