Bay Area Meet (California) February 11th, 2012 INTEREST THREAD
Oct 15, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #167 of 212
I'd love to make it out to this and meet some Head-Fi folks, especially as we only live about an hour or so from SF. Unfortunately, about the only exciting thing I'll have to bring is a C421.

Oct 15, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #168 of 212
I'll be there.  Picked up the HiFi Man HE-6 and Schiit Lyr after hearing them at the 2011 Bay Area Meet. 

Time to recharge the credit cards for the next Bay Area Meet.... !

Oct 16, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #169 of 212

Quote:
I'd love to make it out to this and meet some Head-Fi folks, especially as we only live about an hour or so from SF. Unfortunately, about the only exciting thing I'll have to bring is a C421.

Come and meet folks and try stuff.  I ended up showing up late 2 years ago, and never even broke out most of my gear, just my headphones for comparison's sake, and so others could try them.  It will be a blast!

Oct 16, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #170 of 212
According to Eddie Current, the Electra electrostatic prototype will be there, hopefully in a less prototype, more production appearance. We missed it here at RMAF.

Oct 17, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #171 of 212
^Thanks for letting us know that we should have a chance to hear the Electra at the Bay Area Meet.  

I'm very excited to have the chance to hear more than one Eddie Current amp at the same meet (the Balancing Act is still haunting me).

@Maxvla- THANK YOU for your impressions of RMAF.  You were really our "boots and ears on the ground" this weekend.   Enjoy those UE RM too!

@vpivinylspinner has been our "eyes" so far...nice pics from him!

Oct 17, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #172 of 212
CEE TEE, my friend.
Once again, you are putting together a real winner. You rock!

Sorry for not responding earlier. I just got back into town from a couple weeks at extreme elevations...

Anyhow, count me in. Wouldn't miss this for anything... well, save for ill health (eh Aaron?), major earthquake, war, pestilence, insurrection... you get the idea.
wink_face.gif

See y'all then!

Oct 17, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #173 of 212
^Thanks for letting us know that we should have a chance to hear the Electra at the Bay Area Meet.  

I'm very excited to have the chance to hear more than one Eddie Current amp at the same meet (the Balancing Act is still haunting me).

@Maxvla- THANK YOU for your impressions of RMAF.  You were really our "boots and ears on the ground" this weekend.   Enjoy those UE RM too!

@vpivinylspinner has been our "eyes" so far...nice pics from him!

You should have the Balancing Act, Super 7, Electra and possibly the 2a3 in attendance. At RMAF the 2a3 was at the Audeze table and I think it belonged to them, and was not a part of the Eddie Current layout.

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #174 of 212
^Thanks @Maxvla, I was wondering why I didn't see a "2A3" at the EC table with Mrs. Uthus!

(Still wondering if the 2A3 had the high-frequency AC heaters that the Balancing Act does?)

@shane55:  I would be willing to bet "pestilence" wouldn't deter you...
tongue.gif

Oct 17, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #176 of 212
Alas, it looks like I'll be on an around the clock turnaround (repair) of a power company steam turbine, and pulling 12+ x 7 days for a couple of weeks, right smack during the Bay Area meet.  If I can get there, I will though - but I might be cranky! - Oh wait, I am cranky...

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #177 of 212
^If you are cranky because you have been cranking (and wrenching), we'll forgive you.

(Heck, it gets cranky around here occasionally anyway 
wink_face.gif
.)

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #180 of 212
I'm interested. Sign me up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back