Battlefield 3
Sep 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #35 of 106

Quote:

My jaw just dropped. This is truly next-gen gaming.

The plane looks slow!

Sep 28, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #36 of 106
Plane is slow. Unless I'm in an A-10, dropping FAEB, you would never catch me flying that slow. Perhaps when about to go in for a machine gun/railgun kill. Otherwise...That would've been a triple kill in my book with the Hornet's gun!
biggrin.gif

Love the guy with the pistol following that little robot though.

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #38 of 106
GAH! I just preordered from origin like 2 hours ago and paid $65 including tax >.>
Anyways, watching that multiplayer video, I am sooooo pumped for this.
The last good cod was cod4, waw, mw2, and bo all sucked hard. In fact, I still play cod4 to this day (with many, many people) since it is just so much better. Good dedicated servers (up to 128 clients depending on host), and excellent modding capabilities.
I am definitely looking forward to bf3 though. Hopefully my 4 year old rig can still handle it...

Nope, not going to happen man. Maybe on low settings.

Check the benchmark tests. Current systems with GTX 580s are only getting 45 FPS average on ultra at 1920 x 1200. That will be even lower once the rest of the graphics settings are introduced upon release, and the 64 player maps come into play.

I plan on keeping my i7 920, as that will be more than fine, but a 6950/GTX 560TI is a minimum to run it at medium settings at 1920 x 1080.

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #39 of 106
What headphones / sets you guys rocking for BF3? im looking around for a pair maybe $150-$200, can't decide. Was swaying to Grado i80/125

Grados are certainly not the best choice for positional awareness in games. In fact they are quite terrible (coming from personal experience).

Get yourself some AD700s/HD598. I use the HD598 personally for gaming personally.

Sep 29, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #40 of 106
Oh well. I can't even install it since I have windows xp... Guess I should of read that before I bought it. Anyways, Dl'ing Win7 at the moment. I plan on getting some new hardware anyways when what I want goes on sale (or comes out: ex. Nvidia6xx cards....)

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #41 of 106
Anyone having network lagg issues? It seems that only 1 in every 5 servers is actually playable for me now... Don't think its my end since I still get over a mb/s downloads and every other game is fine..

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #44 of 106
I'm quite disappointed in the devs (EA/DICE)....so many problems with the game, and BF3 is now more like COD than ever before....

Why they did this is beyond me.

Here are some notes i did - as I'm going to make a video:

-5 star vet:
1. BF2142 (NS)
2. BC1
3. BF 1943
4. BC2 (vietnam)
5. BF3

(maxed out on 4/5 of them: Max rank on MP - obviously not BF3)

-GFX nice, but glitchy (can be patched)
-Destruction isn’t good, frostbite 2 engine sucks
-Game is much faster passed than any other BF game I’ve ever played, I don’t want to camp, neither do I want to run and gun, I want my BF game back
-Maps either too small or too big (consoles) can’t comment on PC
-Disabling vehicles is a good idea, and I like it, but why is it I never get the kills then – noone stays in the tank/jet/chopper, which means I don’t get a kill, just a lowsy 100 points for disabling the mofo
-Already getting bored of it, all other games I wasn’t bored of, this I now am
-Problems with servers, and general gameplay – I shoot someone point blank with a shotgun, sniper and they don’t die – how is that realism?
-Spawn system is flawed – I spawn and 2 guys are in front of me…How is that fair on either party
-Knifing system is flawed

Nov 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #45 of 106
Yeah I'm experiencing a lot of lag too. It could be that I'm currently at 3gb of ram when 4 is advised but I've also heard that the issues are mainly on EA's end. Hopefully they do something about it. But then again it's EA, you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back